BoGT SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gohan

SIAD

Elite
I think maybe Gohan was close to getting his SSJ back in BoGT.

I have Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) a little stronger than Gohan Base (BoGT) and the latter slightly stronger than Ultimate Gohan (Arc Boo).

I have a theory, but I see little possible, is that Goku's SSJ3 multiplier was recently nerfed on Planet M2. In that case, you could have Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) > Gohan SSJ (BoGT).

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Gohan was very underwhelming. Seems like the writers didn't really care about him or what his Ultimate state was supposed to represent.

Goku wins.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
If you try to use “precise” scaling working backwards from base Goku on M2 and General Rild being around Gohan-Boo levels while also being stronger than his SS self from the beginning of the series then technically Gohan would win.

But that’s not really the vibe I get from the story and I agree with the post above that Gohan didn’t seem that impressive. This is a case where I think trying to apply battle power rules doesn’t really work, especially with how wacky GT’s scaling is overall.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
GT's like Z in how it has wacky scaling moments here and there, but sometimes there are ways to make sense of things.

With GT Gohan, what comes to mind is:
- No significant standalone victories
- Tends to be in situations where his power is used as a stepping stone (whether by a good guy or bad guy) for something more grand
- The writers going "screw it, have him go Super Saiyan again" gives some room for how his power could be interpreted

Just things to think about for those that want to navigate through the chaos.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
If not for the GT Perfect Files, I think everyone would agree that GT Gohan is nothing special. The writers even discussed having an episode where Gohan regains his fighting senses, but it never came to be.

However, I saw a pretty interesting video recently about Gohan having his “Ultimate” eyes in GT and it brought me back to the idea of this Gohan indeed being Ultimate.

Anyway I think the writers at least saw GT Gohan as at least way above his start of Boo Saga self. Vegeta says he’s dragging Goten and Trunks instead of Gohan because they need to train, and Base Gohan > SSJ Trunks makes him a beast.

I think maybe Gohan was close to getting his SSJ back in BoGT.

I have Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) a little stronger than Gohan Base (BoGT) and the latter slightly stronger than Ultimate Gohan (Arc Boo).

I have a theory, but I see little possible, is that Goku's SSJ3 multiplier was recently nerfed on Planet M2. In that case, you could have Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) > Gohan SSJ (BoGT).

I think CC had a theory that Gohan only re-unlocked SSJ when Goku was out in space too, and that Goku wasn’t surprised because he thought it was thanks to Baby’s power up.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This really depends on how much stronger you think Goku became in space. Gohan got his ass beat by Rild in Base but he wasn't complete fodder. Maybe you could argue that Gohan has a smaller SSJ multiplier due to having his power brought out beyond its limits, and hence he would still end up weaker than SSJ3 Goku as the narrative suggests. As Mike says, by purely scaling it would appear that Gohan should eclipse Goku by a large margin, but that definitely isn't suggested early in GT.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
At most, somewhere within Buu range, but firmly below the top of that tier would make for a good candidate placement for Gohan.

SIAD

Elite
I have: Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) > Gohan Base (BoGT) >= Ultimate Gohan (Boo) >>> Goku / Vegeta SSJ2 (BoGT) >>>>> Goku / Vegeta Base (BoGT) = Oob (BoGT) >> Gotenks Base (Post Rosat).