Bruce Faulconer's DBZ Tracks?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Are you fan of them? If so, list your favorite tracks of Faulconer's tracks.

1. Hell Bells (Vegeta's theme song).
2. Gohan's anger theme song.
3. Gogeta/SSjin3 Goku's theme song from M12.
4. Gohan's mystic transformation theme song.
5. BabidI cast his spell on Vegeta theme song.
7. SSJin Goku transformation theme song.
8. Dragon theme song.
9. SSjin3 Goku theme song.
10. Freeza's death theme song.

RollBack

1. Gohan Anger's 2
2. Super Namek
3. SSj3 Goku theme song.
4. Vegeta Powers Up
5. Freeza's death theme song
7. SSJ Goku transformation theme song.
8. Ginyu Transformation
9. Energy Disk Music
10. Dragon theme song.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
1. Vegeta’s Sacrifice

That’s my go to song when I’m feeling sad and want to let my emotions out. It’s beautiful.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
How did you think they organized the tracks during production then? Hieroglyphics?
Back when we had CDs we had "track 1," "track 2," and sometimes the "hidden track." Unless you were holding the CD case you didn't know or care what the names of the songs were unless they were on the radio.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Back when we had CDs we had "track 1," "track 2," and sometimes the "hidden track." Unless you were holding the CD case you didn't know or care what the names of the songs were unless they were on the radio.
That would not be effective for production workflow to only rely on track numbers because you need to know what the file is at a glance.

Why the hell would you not care what the song name was?

"Hey PuiPui what's your favorite song?"
"Track 33 from the blue CD."
😑

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
That would not be effective for production workflow to only rely on track numbers because you need to know what the file is at a glance.

Why the hell would you not care what the song name was?

"Hey PuiPui what's your favorite song?"
"Track 33 from the blue CD."
😑
Man, back when we had CD changers

"Put in CD number 3 and play track 4!"

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
I like some of them. The iconic tracks are all good, but when you're actually watching the anime the soundtrack is playing like 99% of the time and there's a lot of crap in there.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
How far back are we going with this "track 1, track 2" thing? Tracks have been displaying names on CD players for like 2 decades already. Actually, iPods were a thing since 2001...

I'll provide a comprehensive list of my favorite tracks at some point. I think a lot of the music was okay standalone, just didn't pair well with the series. Also, choice of "instrument" was pretty bad, so all tracks have this cheap quality to them.

I always felt like the music blended well with the Great Dragon Ball Legends game on PS1. I like that soundtrack too, but it definitely has a cheap sound to it too. Kind of feels like it might have been the inspiration for the Faulconer team lol

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
From that album with the baby in the pool, you know, that one band that no one knows the name of nor cares.
I was such a grunge freak I actually knew all the names of the songs :alex2

"Lounge Act" is the best song on Nevermind.

"What track number is that bro??" :cena

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
How far back are we going with this "track 1, track 2" thing? Tracks have been displaying names on CD players for like 2 decades already. Actually, iPods were a thing since 2001...

I'll provide a comprehensive list of my favorite tracks at some point. I think a lot of the music was okay standalone, just didn't pair well with the series. Also, choice of "instrument" was pretty bad, so all tracks have this cheap quality to them.

I always felt like the music blended well with the Great Dragon Ball Legends game on PS1. I like that soundtrack too, but it definitely has a cheap sound to it too. Kind of feels like it might have been the inspiration for the Faulconer team lol
You listened to CDs on a computer :bautista

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
Okay, I went through the 8 CDs that were released with the Bruce Faulconer score (not counting the android theme remix CD that had 2 tracks or whatever). Here's the full list of the ones I like:

The Best of Dragonball Z, Vol. I (25 tracks)
Track 2: Call out the Dragon
Track 9: Heroic Trunks
Track 20: Vegeta - Super Saiyan
Track 25: Pikkon's Theme

The Best of Dragonball Z, Vol. II (31 tracks)
Track 27: Mysterious Person

The Best of DragonBall Z, Vol. III (40 tracks)
Track 5: Perfect Cell Theme
Track 11: Ox King Consoles
Track 18: Sage Music
Track 19: Gohan Angers 2
Track 26: Gohan Powers Up

The Best of Dragonball Z, Vol. IV (39 tracks)
Track 9: Cell and Piccolo Fight
Track 17: New Earth Music
Track 20: Nail's Gift
Track 33: SSJ3 Power Up
Track 30: DBZ Finale

The Best of DragonBall Z, Vol. V (40 tracks)
Track 3: Ginyu Force Theme
Track 12: Heaven Sent Trunks
Track 14: Episodic Trunks
Track 38: Gotenks is Born

The Best of DragonBall Z, Vol. 6 - The Lost Tracks of DBZ (52 tracks)
Track 13: Vegeta Fights Frieza
Track 27: Goku is Falling
Track 28: Krillin Powers Up

Dragonball Z Buu - The Majin Sagas (31 tracks)
Track 25: Scary Buu

Dragonball Z: Trunks Compendium I (24 tracks)
Track 1: Mysterious Youth
Track 15: Mysterious Youth Revealed (... same song as Mysterious Youth???)
Track 21: A Little Help from a Friend

So, basically, I like 26 tracks out of 282. I like less than 10% of the music...

And this is not to say that I like the entire track either, no. This is to say that there's something in the track that I find enjoyable. I also seem to enjoy the slower, calmer pieces. Because the action music just riffs on that electric guitar and the fake drums in a pretty annoying way. And the filler music for comedy scenes and whatnot is just noise with too much going on--something is always snapping, sliding, etc. Just way too many little random noises happening.

Yeah, overall, the score is way too busy and the wall-to-wall music is kind of annoying. I know that Kai and Super also have wall-to-wall music, but it just sounds better. Sounds like it was produced with better instruments, the music isn't so cluttered, and it's better produced.

Though, hats off to the artists who recorded the Faulconer score--I really enjoy watching them talking about the experience. And in case you were wondering, yeah, there were various artists working on this--Bruce Faulconer wasn't sitting in the studio doing this work.

But overall, the Faulconer score might have been a cute addition to a Dragon Ball Z SNES or PS1 game or something, but was a big step down for the actual series.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I never listened to them since I'm not from the US, but in the few clips from Funimation, I think there're good ones but like already said, played constantly, which is annoying. Like, throughout the scene. I really like the SSJ3 theme tho, that seems like a good one. Do the Tenkaichi Budokai games have them? There's a long while, but I re,ember something similar when I played Tenkaichi Budokai for PS2.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
lol No. Cars... Or on a crappy little digital screen, but it was there, by golly!
If you went into the CD writing program you could name the tracks and even after that it was hit or miss.

I'm sure a good aftermarket CD player could probably read the data from the (non-burned) CD. But I'm speaking for The People!! :bautista

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I never listened to them since I'm not from the US, but in the few clips from Funimation, I think there're good ones but like already said, played constantly, which is annoying. Like, throughout the scene. I really like the SSJ3 theme tho, that seems like a good one. Do the Tenkaichi Budokai games have them? There's a long while, but I re,ember something similar when I played Tenkaichi Budokai for PS2.

Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury had a soundtrack based on the Faulconer score, but the PS2/3 games had original tracks by Kenji Yamamoto until the whole plagiarism thing happened. I'm actually curious what the soundtrack was like for those two GBA games outside the US.