Buggy AF

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
We're going through a ton of bugs. Initially I thought it was something wrong with phpbb so I messed around a bit. In doing that I confirmed that it was 100% the webhost caching like a mofo.

I upgraded to the latest version of phpbb so things might look a bit funky.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Also, please post here if you want that we try to roll back the changes to the old phpbb to Jan 28, or just keep using the newer phpbb version which doesn't support the old plugins (will probably take a few months until they come out)

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So what's new on the new software? I'm sure eventually there will be good plugins here too.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah it's still completely fucked up

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
How much was it to switch host's? $15? I'll pitch in $5.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
They want to charge us $15 for fucking up the forum.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I'll pitch in a fiver too if we need to switch hosts.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
We do. These guys are thieves.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Those fack-heads destroyed the forum and now are holding us at ransom to pay them back or else they won't fix what they facked-up (not even go back to the way it was before). Criminal mother-fackers.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yup, they also made me pay about 3x the yearly price this year because of fine print that was never mentioned.

@Uchiha - so if we choose to go back to the January 28th backup, will we for sure know this problem will stop? I'm assuming at this point a change is host is 100% necessary.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
xSuperSaiyan2x said:
Yup, they also made me pay about 3x the yearly price this year because of fine print that was never mentioned.

@Uchiha - so if we choose to go back to the January 28th backup, will we for sure know this problem will stop? I'm assuming at this point a change is host is 100% necessary.

The problems should be gone. Only issues now are the fact that the only supported extensions are the official ones on these pages: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36?start=24

I'll look into getting reputation back in a bit even though it's not officially supported yet. The reputation counts should stay unchanged.

Also notifications should not be working but I know how to fix that.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm still having the problems full fledged. It doesn't even acknowledge my changed username unless I hit Board Index instead of click the banner of whatnot.

Event Horizon

High Class Warrior
I'm still getting the "We're currently down for emergency maintenance. Will be back up by today." unless I add 'www' in front of dbzeta in the address bar.
Basically every time I click on the banner, I'm taken to a white page with the text above and I have to manually add 'www' in the address bar.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
This is even after hard refreshing on the page? Ctrl+F5?

I was having it too until I did that on the pages that were having the issues. I can try forcing everyone to www to see if that fixes it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I dunno, some devices it's working and others it's not. I cleared all my caches and still nothing.