Damaged Levels Cell/Goku

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
So Goku and Cell both lose power after the Kamehameha substantially, but this power is still a world away from Vegeta and Trunks.

Now they fight for a bit more, but it appears like Goku has lost a ton more power than Cell has at this point, this is when Trunks suggests giving Goku a sensu bean and ganging up on Cell.

Why do they need to gang up on Cell if Goku is enough for him?

Is Cell's power still somewhat close to his original full power? I don't think it can be.

How much power did Cell lose after the barrier? I'd say only a marginal amount.

When Goku quits, is he still above Vegeta and Trunks? I'd imagine so, right?

Hector

High Class Warrior
Trunks just didn't want to take risks and didn't care about the rules of the tournament. Also, just like everybody else, he suspected Cell hadn't shown his full power yet.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Trunks just didn't want to take risks and didn't care about the rules of the tournament. Also, just like everybody else, he suspected Cell hadn't shown his full power yet.
Yeah, I think at this point, like in the moment Goku quits, everyone realizes Cell has more power.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Cell had more reserves of energy than Goku as said by Cell himself. Cell also considered that Goku's chances would increase a bit if he were to eat a senzu bean.

FP Goku (regular conditions) >= Damaged Cell > Damaged Goku > Vegeta/Trunks

Last edited:

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Why do they need to gang up on Cell if Goku is enough for him?
Being cautious.
Is Cell's power still somewhat close to his original full power? I don't think it can be.
Somewhat close, I'd say slightly smaller than FP Goku at that point.
How much power did Cell lose after the barrier? I'd say only a marginal amount.
I don't think he lost power.
When Goku quits, is he still above Vegeta and Trunks? I'd imagine so, right?
Yes, he is. Everyone is hoping that if Goku cannot beat him, nobody else can.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Well, that can't be. Cell is only equal to Post Kamehameha Goku, who's stated to be below FP Goku.
He's stronger than Damaged Goku. Roshi said that Goku appeared to be putting a good fight, but he is desperate and Cell isn't. On the cherry of the cake, Cell said that Goku's chances would just improve a little bit if he were to eat a senzu and incited him to have more fun.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Cell is stronger than Post Kamehameha Goku, but not worlds ahead.
Indeed, they are rivals. Yet, Post Kamehameha Goku does not rival FP Goku.

but he is desperate and Cell isn't.
Yes, but not because Goku isn't rivaling Cell here, their current powers are closer than they ever been, at least since the Warm-Up.

Cell said that Goku's chances would just improve a little bit if he were to eat a senzu and incited him to have more fun.
Cell is talking about a much higher power than what he's currently showing. Cell must be talking about his full power or acknowledging he has more in the tank then he's shown before.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Indeed, they are rivals. Yet, Post Kamehameha Goku does not rival FP Goku.
Clearly not, other than Goku spamming ki blasts he ain't rivaling Cell here.
Yes, but not because Goku isn't rivaling Cell here, their current powers are closer than they ever been, at least since the Warm-Up.
In the Warm up they were basically equals, don't know what you're talking about.
Cell is talking about a much higher power than what he's currently showing. Cell must be talking about his full power or acknowledging he has more in the tank then he's shown before.
Maybe, but the fact that Cell isn't thinking much on Goku & Trunks saying that they have to attack him together, talks about his current power rather than a hidden one.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Clearly not, other than Goku spamming ki blasts he ain't rivaling Cell here.
He's holding his own during their scuffle. Goku showcases several speed feats he was not previously capable of.

Maybe, but the fact that Cell isn't thinking much on Goku & Trunks saying that they have to attack him together, talks about his current power rather than a hidden one.
Well he couldn't be. Since Cell actually required the sensu bean to restore his full power, we can safely assume he's not anywhere near it pre sensu.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Cell dodges Goku's punches and the only instance in which Goku is showing relevance is when he and Cell trade blows and when he blocks a kick from Cell, but then Cell send him flying with a punch. This is all the physical confrontation we have to rely on.

I see the same feats of superiority Cell had on both fights.

Cell = 110
Goku = 100
Damaged Cell = 97
Damaged Goku = 88

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Since Cell actually required the sensu bean to restore his full power, we can safely assume he's not anywhere near it pre sensu.
Cell wasn't using his full effort against Goku, and he clearly had lost power, he just doesn't need to be far behind 100% Goku whom is weaker than him.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Trunks: We have to fight all together to defeat Cell and bring Goku a senzu bean, only that way we can defeat him even though he is on a weakened state.

PLG: Goku gets closer to him in power, and Cell ain't rivaling Fp Goku

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Trunks: We have to fight all together to defeat Cell and bring Goku a senzu bean, only that way we can defeat him
Yes, this indicates Trunks being cautious or perhaps becoming privvy to Cell having way more power in reserve. Trunks says this after Cell announces his true power I believe.

PLG: Goku gets closer to him in power, and Cell ain't rivaling Fp Goku
Cell should be significantly below FP Goku.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Trunks can't read hidden power. So he shouldn't know anything about it and just rely on the power Cell is displaying at the time.

If he knows about it, why not just bet on Gohan to do the job and defeat the weakened Cell?