Diamond and Pearl Remakes

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So I recently saw that there are rumours that these games will be getting remakes this year. Would you be for or against that? I feel like it will be a disservice to the Sinnoh region if they follow Sword and Shield's pathetic template. While the graphics in general were fine, the region was painfully small and routes connecting cities were almost non-existent. I'd hope if they remade Sinnoh they would at least make it accurate to how it was in the original games, but I don't have much hope for Pokemon games currently. Thoughts on this?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
D/P remakes being released soon has been common speculation ever since after ORAS. It seems like something that'll be inevitable, but how long away they are is anyone's guess at this point.

I'd be in favour of them if what Gen 8 mechanics they have are mainly relegated to just 3D models with there being actual effort put in place of bringing Sinnoh into 3D without the Wild Area, Gigantamax, etc. and assuming they went with Platinum as the template for the dex and NPC team rosters as opposed to D/P with its 2 Fire types and other egregious things such as Electivire, Magmortar, etc. being post-game (something almost as bad as Gen 2/HGSS making it so you couldn't catch Johto Pokemon like Houndour and Larvitar until you got access to Kanto :punk). I'd honestly just prefer a remake of Platinum in general with how vastly it improved on the Gen 4 games to the point of future games in the timeline treating it as the canon version (eg. Cynthia referring to the boy who stood against Giratina when talking to the player in Black/White), but obviously Game Freak treats marketing as their priority.
Most of all, I'm curious on what they'll do with Dialga and Palkia (and maybe Giratina). ORAS seemed to set a precedent for beefing up the boxart mascots with Primal Groudon/Kyogre and not leaving the trio with a complete bronze medal by giving Rayquaza the most OP mega. I'd personally not see much way they could make Dialga/Palkia more beefed up with how intricate their designs already are (unless they rehash the 2nd duo of Mystery Dungeon games with Primal Dialga) and Giratina already has its original form. Leaving them alone would be the safest route, but somehow I doubt that'll be the case.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
They'll probably be given some faggot gigantamax forms. That entire premise needs to be scrapped and never see the light of day again. I still can't get over how much time was wasted in those battles having to watch the transformations and whatnot. Retarded.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah I doubt we'll see Primal Reversion/Mega Evolutions for these two. Gigantamax forms sound more likely, especially since they'd probably want to retain Origine Forme Giratina's sleeker and more stylish design while giving him an adequate enough power boost to keep up with whatever new forms the Dialga and Palkia duo get.

I still won't buy it though, since Sword/Shield shattered my faith in the franchise permanently.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'll wait to see some gameplay + review first. I'd prefer if the game was based on Platinum, but if not, they'd better add a bunch of content to the game so it still feels like a fresh experience. The only remake on the Switch (let's go) was a carbon copy of the gen 1 games. We need innovation and more content.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
[mention]Super Saiyan[/mention] If you're gonna trust reviews, don't trust those Gamespot/Gamefaqs fags. They are such sell-outs that they gave Fire Emblem Fates (one of the least inspired entries in the franchise) an 8 or 9, gave that short ass, limited faggotry that was Sword/Shit a 9 and then gave Kakarot a 7 even though it was pretty much the perfect fanservice to DBZ fans (until the cutscene hell in the Boo arc).

I swear Gamespot gets paid off by the developers or something, because they used to reserve 9s and 10s for genuinely excellent games like RE4 or GTA.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't read either of their reviews lol.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Diamond and Pearl remakes seem to be inevitable as they'd require relatively little work compared to a new gen and would print money. Despite Gen 3 technically being my first, I have a lot of nostalgia for Sinnoh. I bought a used copy of Diamond back in 2009 after I got jealous at my friend for having it (at this point it had been like four or five years since I'd last played Pokémon) and I remember really liking this, despite the slow, sluggish nature of it and the nonsensical plot (a staple in the franchise :king ). Played Platinum in 2015, and I'd say Platinum is one of the better Pokémon games, maybe second to HG/SS in my opinion.

This all being said, if they can minimize shitty textures, make the experience share optional, maybe add difficult options and incorporate features from Platinum and subsequent generations, I think it has potential. Sadly GameFreak believes they know best and will continue to make or of the same. They have no reason to change, considering the sale numbers of SwSh

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
As for reviews, I'd never trust a publication. Not because they're paid off, but because they're out of touch. Watch a few YouTube reviews.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
There's no point in reading a text review. If I'm playing a game, I need to see how the game plays instead of just reading about it. Lol