Did Toei Broly care about Paragus?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
- He saved him when the planet exploded from Freeza.
- He called him "Oyaji" before he realised Paragus tried to place the restricting thing on him.
- He fights every-one except his father, until...

On the other side:
- He punched his eye out.
- He did you know when he realised Paragus was going to leave him alone.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
A bit, but as Broly got more psycho overtime -- treating the cosmos as a playground -- that care teetered. The restrain device put on Broly allowed them to stick together, albeit in an inorganic way.

Judging from Paragus' interactions with others: for the most part, he had an ability to be deceivingly diplomatic; steering conversations in a way that makes the other party feel like they'll gain something from associating with him, while forming a sinister plot all along.

Worlor

Even DBZ Broly seemed to care about his father, the crazy part of him seemed to overwhelm the part that cared though, after his father put the restriction device on him he had no reason to care obviously.

Hector

High Class Warrior
Toei Broly was a psychopath. He couldn't care about anyone.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
No. Otherwise Broly wouldn’t have killed Paragus.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Honestly I think LSSJ made him go insane and that Broly did indeed care about his dad, though not much.
Just going regular SSJ seemed to make him insane. I get that that's the appeal of his character, but I just wish his hatred for Goku could be more justified than "damn this low class made me cry, what a defeat! Must hate him for the better part of 30+ years!"

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
Just going regular SSJ seemed to make him insane. I get that that's the appeal of his character, but I just wish his hatred for Goku could be more justified than "damn this low class made me cry, what a defeat! Must hate him for the better part of 30+ years!"
Luckily M8 was stupid good. They should've never made the three or four sequels and that would've made Broly even more legendary than he became.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Luckily M8 was stupid good. They should've never made the three or four sequels and that would've made Broly even more legendary than he became.
The new Broly movie gets overhyped by fans, I'll give you that. But M8 tried so hard to be different than previous half-hour flicks only to devolve into a roided up idiot using Kakarot and cheesy one liners for 25 minutes only to be defeated by the power of friendship. How Toei thought Broly just showing back up with a scarred chest makes sense when the Ki released in Goku's Toei punch literally made his head and body explode is beyond me though. Part of why M10 is probably my least favorite of all the old DBZ flicks.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
To an extent, at first. He saved him as a baby and never attacked him as a child, even in the middle of his rampage as a Super Saiyan. Broly is just mentally unstable from the abuse he suffered as an infant. Despite being crazy and so many times stronger than his father, though, he never once attacked him unprovoked. Not to mention, he left him alive even after knocking his eye out.

The fact he wasn't bothered to see him after waking up from his sleep, saying "What is it, dad?, also implies he had a sense of familiarity towards him. He only tried to kill him out of self-defense when the mind control device; even though he didn't know what it was, he could still tell it wasn't something good. In the end, he killed his dad only after seeing that he was gonna abandon him.

I would say he was just indifferent. He won't go out of his way to attack his dad for no reason but he doesn't care if he dies, either.