Did Trunks SSJ2 equal SSJ3 Goku’s power?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
He was slightly superior to him before in DB-Super & then he powered-up almost as-much as Goku did as SSJ3…& then Goku got jealous.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I think Goku used SSJG so he could one-shot Trunks as he initially thought SSJ3 would be enough.

I think the upgraded SSJ2 power should be 3.5x SSJ2 which aligns with the statements.

SSJ2 Goku: 100
SSJ2 Trunks: 105
Upgraded SSJ2 Trunks: 367.5
SSJ3 Goku: 400

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
There is no need for Trunks’ full-power to be an exact multiplier if you believe multipliers exist. I think Trunks just decided to use full-power. He even said he never settled for the power of SSJ2 as a transformation-state.

MikaelHarding

Mid Class Warrior
There is no need for Trunks’ full-power to be an exact multiplier if you believe multipliers exist. I think Trunks just decided to use full-power. He even said he never settled for the power of SSJ2 as a transformation-state.
if I had to guess I think a multipluer for trunks in his perfect ssj2 state would be 500x which is 100x more than ssj3 goku 400x

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why is the multiplier higher than Goku's SSJ3? It was stated they were almost equal, suggesting Goku was still slightly stronger.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
SSJ2 Goku =< SSJ2 Trunks (suppressed) <<< SSJ2 Trunks = SSJ3 Goku

Ch. 15, pg. 33.6
Context:
As Goku and Trunks spar
Beerus: “They’re both using Super Saiyan 2…?”
Whis: “Yes, most likely. Their skills are almost equal. Or maybe Trunks is slightly better.”

Ch. 15, pg. 35.3
Context:
After Trunks powers up
Vegeta: “He didn’t transform, but he’s as strong as Kakarrot’s Super Saiyan 3…”

I don't think Trunks has a "multiplier," so to speak. All he did was power up, not transform. He could theoretically have powered up to a stomping advantage against SSJ2 Goku, but didn't.

MikaelHarding

Mid Class Warrior
SSJ2 Goku =< SSJ2 Trunks (suppressed) <<< SSJ2 Trunks = SSJ3 Goku

Ch. 15, pg. 33.6
Context:
As Goku and Trunks spar
Beerus: “They’re both using Super Saiyan 2…?”
Whis: “Yes, most likely. Their skills are almost equal. Or maybe Trunks is slightly better.”

Ch. 15, pg. 35.3
Context:
After Trunks powers up
Vegeta: “He didn’t transform, but he’s as strong as Kakarrot’s Super Saiyan 3…”

I don't think Trunks has a "multiplier," so to speak. All he did was power up, not transform. He could theoretically have powered up to a stomping advantage against SSJ2 Goku, but didn't.

Yet why did goku feel the need to go god form if they were equal? also he had sort of a panicked face on his ssj3 face that compelled him to power up further

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Yet why did goku feel the need to go god form if they were equal? also he had sort of a panicked face on his ssj3 face that compelled him to power up further
SSJ3 Goku would have lost to Trunks at equal battle powers due to the SSJ3 form's stamina drain. Same reason he couldn't beat Pure Boo.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I don’t like the idea of this, but did SSJ3 Goku show all of his power? Other-wise how does SSJ2 Vegeta owning Goku-Black who is superior to Trunks work?

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
I don’t like the idea of this, but did SSJ3 Goku show all of his power? Other-wise how does SSJ2 Vegeta owning Goku-Black who is superior to Trunks work?
Vegeta was already shown being capable of powering up his SSJ2 beyond SSJ3 Tier in battle of Gods from rage. And Vegeta was definitely pissed about what Black was doing

MikaelHarding

Mid Class Warrior
SSJ3 Goku would have lost to Trunks at equal battle powers due to the SSJ3 form's stamina drain. Same reason he couldn't beat Pure Boo.
Yeah I think by now he must have at least controlled the stamina drain in ssj3 form given that he can control divine power

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
He was slightly superior to him before in DB-Super & then he powered-up almost as-much as Goku did as SSJ3…& then Goku got jealous.
It could've been that SSJ (1!) Or 2 Trunks simply bumrushed Dabura and Bobidi.

When he arrived back in the past, it's safe to say he was past Majin Vegeta level easily. I don't think Mirai Trunks ever stops training.