Do you think Synchro/XYZ ruined the game?

Coos

I have troubles with Pendulum. Had somewith Synchro when they were introduced but thanks to the games I'm cool with them now, XYZ is simple enough, so, nah. Gemini monsters,on the other hand...

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
Synchro's were kind of hard to understand at first but I quickly caught on by adding Tuner levels with normal monster levels it's essentially an easier method of fusion and I will say a lot of the synchros were cool. XYZ yeah I don't understand that all, that ruined the game a bit for me. Sometime I think about getting back into the game and making a deck but than I remember no one my age plays the game still, and I can't do tournaments because a lot of cards I'd use have been banned. Pendulum? What the hell is that?

Uncle Goten

Low Class Warrior
I don't mind XYZ those are fine, but I don't like Synchro or Pendulum monsters.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I prefer Synchro. They're not as OP as Xyz. But I'd rather them, Xyz, and Pendulums were all outlawed.

Uncle Goten

Low Class Warrior
I'm merely talking about learning how to use each of them. I'd be all for outlawing them, Yugioh is a completely different card game now then it was 10 years ago.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I don't understand Pendulum at all. Like, at all. Xyz was simple enough, Synchro took some getting used to, but those motherfuckers are to me like teaching an 80 year old how to use a computer.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Pendulums I do hate THAT literally changed the game
They actually had to add rules and change the game mat and what not
Synchros are essentially fusion monster but a bit easier to summon
Most of the times, sometimes fusions are much better actually and easier to bring out, Xyz made the game too fast imo that's what made the game jump, Synchros like I said are more or less white versions of fusions but Xyz are just cheap to make but was still fine cause it's simple and most are kind of generic but pendulums are lame as fuck
They all SWARM nothing fun about having them all do the same thing p much

Uncle Goten

Low Class Warrior
I don't like how fast the game has become. Literally can summon 5 monsters in 1 turn easily in numerous ways.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Yeah they're are weird combos who do that
But for the most part decent hand can net you a few boss monsters on the field which is dumb as fuck

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Honestly, if I was put in charge, I'd reboot the game. Go back to square one with Fusions being the ultimate boss monsters; monsters have simple effects like Man-Eater Bug; not every monster needs an effect; really focus on the ban list and what needs to be done to make the game as fair as possible while still being fun. That kind of shit.

Then I'd slowly make my way to Synchros. Fuck Xyz and beyond. Innovate on the current brand, don't keep advancing until it's out of control every couple months.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Pyrus Rex said:
Honestly, if I was put in charge, I'd reboot the game. Go back to square one with Fusions being the ultimate boss monsters; monsters have simple effects like Man-Eater Bug; not every monster needs an effect; really focus on the ban list and what needs to be done to make the game as fair as possible while still being fun. That kind of shit.

Then I'd slowly make my way to Synchros. Fuck Xyz and beyond. Innovate on the current brand, don't keep advancing until it's out of control every couple months.
I tried playing when the game started. I tried again recently and i freaked out. Every card's effect is an
encyclopedia's extract. Until i read the effect of the card the opponent played, they'd got bored and left. I
think it's too late for me to start playing.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I remember when card effects were a sentence or two. Now it's a whole thesis with font so small you have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Yah I hate the "too many effect cards"
Cards should really only have MAX 2 effects
Maybe 3 but only if at least one other effect is minor

These days cards have like 4+ killer effects
It's ridiculous! !!

Also kp no ritual cards ?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I was thinking of rituals when I said Fusions. They're the same to me. :/

Lightsworn

Low Class Warrior
Pyrus Rex said:
I don't understand Pendulum at all. Like, at all. Xyz was simple enough, Synchro took some getting used to, but those motherfuckers are to me like teaching an 80 year old how to use a computer.
What's so difficult about Pendulums ? Theyre very easy to understand.

~Two Pendulum scales
~Pedulum cards can either be placed in Pendulum scales or summoned as monsters
~when they leave the field, they go face up to the extra deck Instead of going to the grave yard.
~each pendulum card has a number on it
~once per turn when you have both your Pendulum scales filled up, you can summon as many monsters from your hand and face up extra deck who's levels are in between the two pendulum scales.

Pendulums greatest strength is also their greatest weakness. If you can just get rid of one of their scales, they cant do anything. Even then, you have cards like Bottomless, solemn warning, Torrential, and a bunch of other traps to stop the plays. The only good Pendulum deck is Qliphorts. The rest literally suck and have no relevance in the meta at all.

Fun fact: the best decks right now don't even use XYZ or synchro. Synchro's are outdated, and now XYZ's are sort of becoming irrelevant also. Nekroz is the best deck right now, and they mainly use ritual monsters. Same with Ritual Beasts. Shaddolls mainly use Fusion monsters, Qliphorts is tribute summon deck, and use strong Pendulums monsters to win. The only good deck right now that actually uses XYZ is Burning Abyss. The rest that do, are not meta relevant.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I think they made it too complicated.
Synchro & XYZ aren't really complicated, especially XYZ. XYZ is way too easy. But the rank-up stuff made it confusing kind-of. Pendulum sucks & is way too confusing. Links is weird.

What I can not stand and only recently saw articulated well is is that in the anime, starting with Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II duels sucked. One of the main reasons being that every duel was just one Monster card & that's the only card that mattered. You'd think the rest of the deck only existed for that one card (it does). The rest is just fodder to get the XYZ or whatever card on the field & spell/traps are also for that reason & to protect that monster. When did that happen? It's like, if Yugi & Kaiba's Battle-City duel was only Osiris & Obelisk from turn 1 and ends when one of those cards is defeated only 100x worse.

I remember one duel in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX where Daichi Misawa was like now that fusion has been sealed your deck is mostly done since that's the only thing your deck could do or something like that, but Judai was like my deck also functions without the extra-deck and proved it by winning without resorting to fusion (IIRC, at-least the finishing move was without a fusion monster). In Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II only the XYZ card matters, the main-deck is just fodder for that, which makes me think what even is the point.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Yes they did, but for me, no. I started playing Yugioh around the time Synchros were introduced.

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
lol the link monsters and cuz are OP as hell.

They were a necessity to speed up the game tho.