Do you think Vegeta was...

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Factoring Piccolo when saying that fighting in base in the tournament would not change his superior position? Or was he just factoring the ones who were in the plane and did not know Piccolo was participating?

If he were factoring in Piccolo, then is his base strong enough to defeat Piccolo, or maybe he thinks he can just draw one Goku before Piccolo and have what he wants (which was in fact what happened)...? Or maybe he was planning in turning SSJ quick enough for the human's eyes to see to knock Piccolo out?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't think Piccolo was even on his radar. You can tell from the get go that Vegeta's motivation is completely linked to the Saiyans. Gohan participating in the Budokai immediately made Vegeta want to join, and he further became excited when Goku was going to participate. Imagine if Boo arc Piccolo joined the Budokai first. Would Vegeta ever be inclined to join just so he could show up Piccolo? The tournament itself was completely irrelevant to Vegeta, as was evident when he literally stated so himself. It became a way for him to get one more shot at Goku, and initially getting to fight Gohan was why he wanted to join. The rest is completely irrelevant to him.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
It's clear that Piccolo was intended as fodder in the Boo arc. Dabra and Bobbidi literally dismissed him as garbage, but were impressed by the base Saiyans.

SIAD

Elite
Boo Saga Piccolo > Base Vegeta

Or

T.O.P Base Vegeta > Piccolo
So do you think that when Vegeta said that in Base state he could win TB25, he wasn't counting Piccolo?

I also have Vegeta Base > Piccolo in the ToP Anime.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Vegeta’s no stranger to talking out of his ass, and he admits being only there for Goku and Gohan. Not sure if he just considered Piccolo beneath him or just didn’t care though.

SIAD

Elite
Vegeta’s no stranger to talking out of his ass, and he admits being only there for Goku and Gohan. Not sure if he just considered Piccolo beneath him or just didn’t care though.
Do you think Goku Kaioken x20 (Arc Boo) surpasses Piccolo (Arc Boo)?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I believe Piccolo, #18, and Krillin were all afterthoughts, because the Base Adults were already stronger than them.

Miss Scarlet

My take is that he was. Gohan told that he would tell everyone and piccolo is part of the group, so vegeta wouldn't be excluding him from his radar just because he is not on the plane.
0232-007 (1).png

Miss Scarlet

Prove Vegeta listened to the "I'll go tell everyone"

:king
He has heard and has a pretty sharp ear at far greater distances, so why wouldn't have heard it if he is constantly shown paying attention to everything when he cares about it?