DragonBall Z Games doing it right!

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Can they ever get it right?

Most of the time , the developers make the games balanced, so that everyone or at-least most characters are equal.

Fuck that.

Why don't they make it like the series? Raditz should not be able to fight on-par with Cell or even Frieza, l0l.

They could make it so that 1 hit from Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) can knock-out Raditz, and if Raditz tries to attack Vegeta, his attacks should do almost no damage (they can maybe still do damage but really small like unnoticeable).

Also Super-Saiyan transformations should be more like the series, and effective.

This way it'd actually make sense for Goku to have different slots, like early Goku, mid Goku and end Goku (obviously more in detail).

Even if they don't know that well, the developers could at-least try. It's not like they don't know that SSj3 Goku is stronger than Frieza.

If you fight as base Goku you could not be able to fight with Kid Boo, you could run away and try to transform to Super-Saiyan 3 to transform.

The developers could do this.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
That would get kinda boring tbh. It'd make some characters ridiculously broken and others even worse than before. That's saying a lot when some characters that are high tier during their run in the series (Pure Boo, SS4s, etc.) already tend to be fairly OP'd in most of their game appearances.

Making powerscaling like that in a game would only really work if it was an RPG with a level up system like the Legacy of Goku series.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
That would get kinda boring tbh. It'd make some characters ridiculously broken and others even worse than before. That's saying a lot when some characters that are high tier during their run in the series (Pure Boo, SS4s, etc.) already tend to be fairly OP'd in most of their game appearances.

Making powerscaling like that in a game would only really work if it was an RPG with a level up system like the Legacy of Goku series.
Well yeah, but that's why you wouldn't try to fight Krillin with Cell. If you can beat Cell with Krillin, you are the bestez because that'd be almost like impossible.

Are there any games that did this?

In Xenoverse you fight the Saiyan/Frieza Section for the first 3 levels of the Parallel-Quests, and in the 4th and 5th levels you fight the Androids/Cell. The first three stars have really low levels, like only go upto maybe 20 - 30, by the time you reach Androids/Cell you have to be higher. But that was only for the PQ and main story-mode.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I have a feeling if a game did that they'd give Pure Boo better stats than Evil Boo based off the anime and then people would try using that in debates.

It's still a coo idea, I'd prefer it to be a setting instead of set that way the whole game.

Warmmedown

Elite
If it's a fighting game the characters' strengths should be balanced.

If it's just for fans of the series to play out DB fights/scenarios the characters' strengths shouldn't be balanced.

Most of the time they seem to go halfway in between. Would be nice to see a tournament worthy DBZs fighting game on home consoles (as opposed to the Arcsys games on GBA and 3DS). And then they could make a 3d unbalancd one just for fans of DB/Z as well.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 definitely had weak characters as weaklings in the story mode. In the general fight/arcade mode (or whatever it's called) being SSJ vs a base opponent defo gave you a clear advantage if I remember right. There's no game that's on the level you're on about though.

Go play Attack of the Saiyans.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
SSJ Vegetto said:
I have a feeling if a game did that they'd give Pure Boo better stats than Evil Boo based off the anime and then people would try using that in debates.

It's still a coo idea, I'd prefer it to be a setting instead of set that way the whole game.
TBH, I wouldn't have a problem with that, like I said at-least they would have tried if they did. Maybe they could fix it in later games, then.

And even if Super-Boo is weaker, I doubt he'd be much weaker. But maybe he would be, you can't really know.

And yeah for the people who prefer "balanced gaming" maybe they can make it into 2 modes, which you can choose just before you enter the start screen, one realistic and the other balanced. But they might say that they don't have enough time to get both modes on there, since they only have a year most of the time, l0l.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
shchavkyossj2 said:
If it's a fighting game the characters' strengths should be balanced.

If it's just for fans of the series to play out DB fights/scenarios the characters' strengths shouldn't be balanced.

Most of the time they seem to go halfway in between. Would be nice to see a tournament worthy DBZs fighting game on home consoles (as opposed to the Arcsys games on GBA and 3DS). And then they could make a 3d unbalancd one just for fans of DB/Z as well.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 definitely had weak characters as weaklings in the story mode. In the general fight/arcade mode (or whatever it's called) being SSJ vs a base opponent defo gave you a clear advantage if I remember right. There's no game that's on the level you're on about though.

Go play Attack of the Saiyans.
Yeah, but DragonBall games aren't only fighting games, actually I'd say they are more DragonBall simulators than fighting games. It should feel first and foremost like a DragonBall game, in my option.

Don't you wanna feel tha POWAAAAAAAH!!! (?)

I haven't played Budokai-Tenkaichi 3, ever. :'( :'( :'( I wish though.

Why? Does "Attack of the Saiyans" do that or just a random comment, l0l?

Warmmedown

Elite
Attack of the Saiyans is a really good RPG even for non-DBZ fans. Go and talk to all the NPCs over and over. The dog in Capsule Corp is wise.

I'd like to see at least 1 balanced game so it can cross over into the FGC.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
shchavkyossj2 said:
Attack of the Saiyans is a really good RPG even for non-DBZ fans. Go and talk to all the NPCs over and over. The dog in Capsule Corp is wise.

I'd like to see at least 1 balanced game so it can cross over into the FGC.
"The dog in Capsule Corp is wise."

LOL your post is killing me. Just the way you say that.

I've heard it's good. MysticVegeta said it was great, too but I can't play it. :'( :'( :'(

But I believe the games is better than most, if not all, of the console fighting games, right?!

What is FGC?

WhiteFox

Low Class Warrior
The problem with that is no one would use anyone but Goku from the end, Vegito, and Kid Buu. No one else could hold a candle to them.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
WhiteFox said:
The problem with that is no one would use anyone but Goku from the end, Vegito, and Kid Buu. No one else could hold a candle to them.
thumbsupgreenr.gif
Fantastische Hure likes this

This is an argument against it, that I see a lot, but it doesn't really work. Maybe if you go online and play, yeah some players might choose the highest characters, but that's only if you play online, I think. If you were to play against the computer or something and wanted to have a challenging fight you wouldn't go for Kid Buu vs Krillin. Obviously, because that'd be almost impossible. You'd be going for something more even.

If Krillin is your favourite character, you'd play with him regardless. You could just choose a better match for him. If you want to feel like a Boss as Krillin, you can do Namek Krillin vs Saiyan Saga Goku. If you want an, maybe more even fight you could do Krillin vs Tenshinhan.

Even if you are online you might find people play with different characters.

Point is, people a lot of times, will play with their favourite characters regardless of whether they are weak or not.

Lethal

Maybe have a specific mode or a handicap option that can be toggled before or during the game.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
This shouldn't be the only way to balance characters in a DBZ game, it would be good to have as an alternative mode, like "True Power" mode or something

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Dagon said:
This shouldn't be the only way to balance characters in a DBZ game, it would be good to have as an alternative mode, like "True Power" mode or something
thumbsupgreenr.gif

They've been doing the games, balanced since forever. Why don't they just once do a game like this? They catered a lot to the fighting game players, but never a game like this.

But yeah, a mode for both of them would make both happy.

WhiteFox

Low Class Warrior
Xenoverse did get kind of close to this though. Each character has different stats, and some of them aren't all that strong.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
WhiteFox said:
Xenoverse did get kind of close to this though. Each character has different stats, and some of them aren't all that strong.
thumbsupgreenr.gif

They had a level system, but that only worked for the story-mode and parallel-quests. It's not that great either, but it's definitely the closest, the games have gotten from the ones I have played.