Dressrosa Luffy vs Jack

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
G4 Luffy was much stronger than Doflamingo, but what if he was fighting Jack?

1. Gear 4 has time limit
2. Gear 4 has no limit

Future Warrior

Elite
I think Luffy is definitely stronger than Jack but his durability could make it a battle against the G4 time limit. I give it to Jack round 1 through battle of attrition.

Without the time limit Luffy should win.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How close in power do you think Jack and Doflamingo would be?

And yeah Jack's durability is actually insane. Fighting Inu and Neko for 5 days in a row is a crazy feat.

Future Warrior

Elite
As much of a total scrub Jack turned out to be at the fault of the writing, I think narratively he's meant to be percieved on a similar level to Doflamingo (maybe stronger depending on how you interpret Kaido's words, as much as the very thought repulses me).

So I'd say in the same tier with Doffy but a little weaker, just cause of my bias lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Oda fucked up with Jack in Wano. I think if you read the story until Zou it seems pretty clear that he's a powerhouse. Wano turned him into fodder lol.

Future Warrior

Elite
Yeah I think we are supposed to believe Cracker and Jack > Doflamingo.

It's just weird considering in Marineford he was casually keeping even Jozu frozen in place, and that guy was fighting an admiral.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think there are two options there.

1. That whole tier of power is both broad an narrow at the same time. It's narrow in the sense that anyone within that tier might be competitive with the top of the tier in the short term, but the longer the fight stretches out, the less competitive they will get.

2. Jozu was simply off guard. Doflamingo's powers might be borderline indefensible if defenses are not activated.