Eiichiro Oda VS Yoshihiro Togashi

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Togashi, ofc. Way more appealing story, better sad moments, better fights and less clichê story structure.

Future Warrior

Elite
Haven't read the later parts yet but I think putting original universe JoJo on such a pedestal is crazy.

I think Part 4 and 5 was where the story actually became really good, but it's no Ennies Lobby or Chimera Ant arc lol. For me it's the characters, gags, and fights that keep me watching.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
1999 Yorkshin arc > 2011 Chimera Ant arc > Alabasta > Eines Lobby > original universe JoJo

But Hunter has low points like the childish beginning in the Hunter Exams/Zoldyck Mansion, Greed Island and everything from Election and onwards, far lower than any of JoJo's lows. OP's low points have been over-discussed already.

Future Warrior

Elite
1999 Yorkshin arc > 2011 Chimera Ant arc > Alabasta > Eines Lobby > original universe JoJo

But Hunter has low points like the childish beginning in the Hunter Exams/Zoldyck Mansion, Greed Island and everything from Election and onwards, far lower than any of JoJo's lows. OP's low points have been over-discussed already.
Nah those arcs are way better than Part 1.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Jonathan Joestar is a cardboard box made sentient and Hamon is a joke.
Hamon doesn't basically come out of nowhere like Haki did considering it's deeply tied to the lore of the Stone Mask and the Pillar Men and Vampires...

Hell Nen came out of nowhere too when you consider how lackluster Hisoka and Illumi's feats were in the Hunter Exams, not to mention this whole fight:

Future Warrior

Elite
Haki shown in chapter 1 and mentioned in Jaya. Nen at least is creative and has some foreshadowing in 1st arc even if only retroactively.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Weren't Hisoka and Illumi very impressive I'm the exams?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Weren't Hisoka and Illumi very impressive I'm the exams?
Everybody else in the exam was fodder that'd get raped by GI arc Killua, their feats are actually lackluster compared to the hype they get from Heaven's Arena and onwards, even though they'd have no reason to walk around in Zetsu all the time.

Haki shown in chapter 1 and mentioned in Jaya. Nen at least is creative and has some foreshadowing in 1st arc even if only retroactively.
Its application is retroactively shoehorned in. Shanks has no reason to lose trail of Higuma with how skilled he is in Haki.

Nen's foreshadowing, again, is shoehorned in retroactively just like Haki. You also only need to watch that fight between that faggot "examiner Hunter" and Hisoka to see that Nen was never thought up until after the exams had finished.