Goku Black/Zamasu Time Paradox Plothole (Anime)

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Some guy, I believe Keedounan or whatever his name is on Neo, brought this up and I never thought of it before.... The difference between Zamasu learning/meeting Goku for the first time in the manga and anime, the anime created a time paradox plothole.

Goku Black should not even exist in the anime because the whole reason Zamasu met Goku to begin with was because of Goku Black. Zamasu didn't steal Goku's body until after they had already met, but they originally met cause of Black already existing, and being in the future timeline means nothing because he isn't originally from that timeline, Goku Black is present timeline Zamasu after he lost the sparring match to Goku, who went to check him out because of the encounter with Black..... What!?

The manga on the other hand just had the godtube shit, which didn't create a paradox plot hole, but wasn't quite as impactful as his loss to Goku when they met in the anime.

Thoughts?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
KyuubiAhri said:
Fearless Hit said:
I find it to be weird. Perhaps @Atem King of Nigeria sama can help us.

The only person who can help us with this kind of paradox is none other than Einstein
He doesn't give a shit about a fiction's paradox. :alex2

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It obviously doesn't make any fucking sense in the anime because Beerus caused the timeline to branch off by killing Zamasu, implyin' that everything else went exactly the same prior to that which would necessitate Black and Trunks both arriving in the original past where Zamasu took Goku's body and all that.

The closest I can think of to an explanation is that using the Time Ring to time travel won't create alternate timelines, so Black arriving in the past caused them to go visit Zamasu for a different reason while in the original past Zamasu just decided to fight Goku after hearing of him, both outcomes resulting in Zamasu trying to kill Gowasu to begin his plan, but in one scenario everyone had knowledge of Black which led to Beerus interfering.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
Fearless Hit said:
KyuubiAhri said:
Fearless Hit said:
I find it to be weird. Perhaps @Atem King of Nigeria sama can help us.

The only person who can help us with this kind of paradox is none other than Einstein
He doesn't give a shit about a fiction's paradox. :alex2
We can still ask The Doctor but i think his answer would be "Wibbly Wobbly timey wimey stuff"

Dragonball Black

What is wierd is that if they would have cut off his finger then he would have been sent back to the past lmao

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Time travel in dragon ball can both create separate timelines as well as create self-fulfilling branch timelines.