Goku Black's power

Future Warrior

Elite
Like wtf? The first strength quote we get for Black is Trunk's stating he is on par or even stronger than SSJ3 Goku. But in the fight it kinda contradicts that by Black fighting evenly with SSJ2 Goku (He even considered SSJ2 Goku a challenge). Although, Black did say he wasn't using his Full Power, so I'm guessing he's holding back at the level of Goku's SSJ2 form (Ok, seems legit). But then we have Goku and Vegeta wanting to train until they fight Black as if he is stronger than their current state... the fuck? Why do they need to train if they can turn SSJB which can ultimately 1-shot him. Is Black > SSB now? I understand Goku and Vegeta want to train for the sake of getting stronger, but it doesn't make sense for them to overdue their training if they are already in another league above Black in SSB.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Actually, Trunks said Black keeps getting stronger than Black whenever they fought each other which gave him a conclusion that Black might be stronger than SS3 Goku.

Also, by the look of their fight, Black is just warming up and Trunks probably knew that but doesn't know why Goku didn't start as SS3. I think Goku and Vegeta doesn't want to use SSB for a while.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think he was hampered by the time distortion trying to pull him back in. I get the feeling he would've been able to dominate SSJ2 Goku otherwise.

The training part with SSJB makes no sense. I guess they're just afraid his boasts about the pain making him stronger would prove true and make him stronger than them or something.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
DB-Super says things that they think sound kewl, but don't know the implications of those things. What's stated seems to clearly contradict what happened.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Papasmurf said:
Well Toriyama does give no fucks about consistency :troll
Toei, too. :cage1 :cage1 :cage1

Except they've never seemingly given a fack about consistency compared to AT who just now doesn't seem to care about that anymore.

Future Warrior

Elite
The problem with Super is that it doesn't follow power scaling no more. When a villain shows up, they say a strength quote that would get contradicted a few episodes after. Oh SSB Goku and Vegeta can defeat Beerus if they teamed up! Nope... SSB Goku KKx10 is still weaker than Beerus at full power. They aren't consistent no more even with their own fucking characters because Super is a goddamn Kids Show now. Their consistency is just as bad as their animation from Episode 5. And dont get me started on Piccolo and Trunks's hax.

The producers dont care because they know that the Kids that watch the show dont give a flying fuck about consistency.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I agree, other than that's a children's show. DragonBall was also targeted toward children - teenagers, but that had consistency unlike DB-Super.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
GT and Super both really. Although in Super it seems to be more intentional as Toriyama said he wants children to get into DB or something via an interview

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think we've even had any blood at all aside from the blood coming out of shallow cuts and such. Everybody's bruised all the time but don't even bleed after being shot full of holes or getting arms ripped off

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Papasmurf said:
I don't think we've even had any blood at all aside from the blood coming out of shallow cuts and such. Everybody's bruised all the time but don't even bleed after being shot full of holes or getting arms ripped off
It made our brains bleed, you forgot that. :cage2 :cage2 :cage2

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
This is an utter mess. Mirai Trunks said black Goku is probably even stronger than SSJ3 Goku and yet he fought on par with SSJ2 Goku (like Sokka said). And later Trunks said Black showed more power against Goku than against him, WTF??

Future Trunks is surprised when Vegeta said that wasn't Goku's full power and that he could easily take care of Black, which should be a obvious thing since Goku has SSJ3 and Black showed to be not stronger than SSJ2 Goku.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
ahill1 said:
This is an utter mess. Mirai Trunks said black Goku is probably even stronger than SSJ3 Goku and yet he fought on par with SSJ2 Goku (like Sokka said). And later Trunks said Black showed more power against Goku than against him, WTF??

Future Trunks is surprised when Vegeta said that wasn't Goku's full power and that he could easily take care of Black, which should be a obvious thing since Goku has SSJ3 and Black showed to be not stronger than SSJ2 Goku.

Black wasn't at full power, Trunks might be referring to his estimated power level of Black.

SSJB Goku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Black (Full Power, Trunks's Estimation) >~ SSJ3 Goku >>>>>> SSJ2 Goku ~ Black (@Goku) > Black (@Future Trunks) >>>> SSJ2 Trunks

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Animelover5487 said:
Black wasn't at full power

When was said it?

Animelover5487 said:
Trunks might be referring to his estimated power level of Black.

So you mean Black (Trunks' estimations) >= SSJ3 Goku > SSJ2 Goku >= Black (vs Goku) > Black (vs Trunks)?

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
ahill1 said:
When was said it?

When Goku told him to show him his full power he said that he wasn't in a hurry and wanted to have some more fun.

]So you mean Black (Trunks' estimations) >= SSJ3 Goku > SSJ2 Goku >= Black (vs Goku) > Black (vs Trunks)? [/quote said:

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
ahill1 said:

I don't remember this one.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Fearless Saiyajin said:
I don't remember this one.
I think it was right after the fight, when Goku asked Trunks if Black was as strong as this when he fought him.