Goku's children have more potential than Vegeta's

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Despite being born pathetically weak by Saiyan standards, Goku's kids seem to have the edge on the gene pool.

It's well established Gohan has more potential than any other fighter in Dragon Ball despite his treatment in modern stories.

Goten is almost as strong as Trunks despite being trained by Chi-Chi, who is strong but not very effective for someone comparable to Vegeta or Piccolo.

Certainly a product of being born to two of the strongest people on Earth.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I don't think Goten is that different. Gohan is & always has been special. Goten & Trunks used to "play-fight" & the way they talked about Goten being just a-bit below Trunks due to age seems to clear it up. Trunks really is no different to Goten in that regard.

Warmmedown

Elite
I don't think Vegeta trained Trunks properly. In the anime we see they only just started training and Vegeta doesn't coach him properly, but instead just uses it as an excuse to show off or beat him up.

Warmmedown

Elite
iirc vegeta was shocked by Trunks being a super saiyan, so unlikely he trained him that much

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Present Trunks and Future Trunks seem to be different in potential, but other than that, I agree with this thread.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I don't think they are. Trunks had no real sparring-partners in the past. Future Gohan was there, but he was also struggling as it was. He already had SSJ in the manga, so he achieved it prior there too.