Good & Bad Things About Super

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Can anyone who's seen the show point out the good and bad things about super? I'm sure the emphasize will be on bad, that's okay.

The only thing I find bad at times is the obviously terrible and lazy animations.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
The only good thing I can think of about Super is that it exposed the Toriyama fanboys.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Good:
- The logo.
- The intro.
- The outro(s).
- Goku vs Beerus was pretty decent.
- SSJ Satan. :elmo.
- Vegeta's new outfit is pretty kewl.
- The manga.

Bad:
- Boring.
- Some things go on way too long (SSJG transformation).
- Bad & lazy animation.
- Ginyu returning.
- Entire FnF arc. (I hate the movie and the entire concept. Seems like a shitty fanfiction honestly)
- Post-Bitch Gohan.
- Emphasis on food.
- Champa and Vados are clones of Beerus and Whis. No creativity, no originality.
- Goku fighting Freeza in base. (Shows that everyone is shit in comparison).
- Goku burying Gohan (at least in the manga.)
- Beards.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Mystic said:
Good:
- The logo.
- The intro.
- The outro(s).
- Goku vs Beerus was pretty decent.
- SSJ Satan. :elmo.
- Vegeta's new outfit is pretty kewl.
- The manga.

Bad:
- Boring.
- Some things go on way too long (SSJG transformation).
- Bad & lazy animation.
- Ginyu returning.
- Entire FnF arc. (I hate the movie and the entire concept. Seems like a shitty fanfiction honestly)
- Post-Bitch Gohan.
- Emphasis on food.
- Champa and Vados are clones of Beerus and Whis. No creativity, no originality.
- Goku fighting Freeza in base. (Shows that everyone is shit in comparison).
- Goku burying Gohan (at least in the manga.)
- Beards.
:troll

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
So no different from basically any other anime?

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Very different from any anime I've ever watched. They're actually fun, entertaining and easy to sit through. Super is Bleach-tier with how much it sucks.

I will say tho, I don't have many complaints with the manga.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
There's one more bad thing... All the damn recaps to fill out episodes. It's worse than the DBZ filler.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Btw, Champa and Vados being "clones" of Beerus and Whis is fixed by adding family relations. It makes sense considering the significant between Universe 6 & 7.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
The good things about the show is the animation. Considering the amount of time they have to make some of these shows -which they can finish an hour before it's about to air, I'd think they're doing an alright job. Additionally, the beginning of Super was performed tremendously well, even if it lost some of it's touch along the way. The humor in it is much the same as the original Dragonball and the wide variety of different characters is commendable as well. The concept of alternate Universe, Saiyan Gods, Gods of Creation & Desruction open up new possibilities and go into areas that Dragonball has never explored before. Some other things include how utterly wrong the general community was for the last decade or so. How people ascertained that Goku was such a non-factor during the Boo Saga -even though he's regarded as the strongest in a show that reflects the samel ideology from the Manga; Toriyama re-read the entire Japanese Manga prior to working on these new shows and conforms to these ideas. Another thing is how fans thought, and continue to think, that Base Saiyans were stronger than Frieza. It's cleared up some thing in that department as well and has shown that high potential means absolute shit when you do nothing about it.

The bad things regarding super is probably the animation. Even though it's impressive that they get the shows out on time, the amount of time they have to work on them doesn't provide them with sufficient time in making the artwork as good as it could be. Because of this, the fight scenes are as good as they were in the Anime. The show doesn't carry the same sense of hand to hand combat that the Anime had and was often regarded as a classic for. Additionally, the story is somewhat hastened and they do not give themselves the proper time to explore every idea and make the show that much better.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Another Bad:
Everyone is skinny as shit. I have bigger arms than Goku and Vegeta now. :troll

Warmmedown

Elite
Good: existence of new DB
Bad: execution of new DB
including all the hot chicks no longer being hot apart from MAYBE Bulma and no replacements brought in