Grade 2 trunks vs perfect cell initial/fake ki reading

Miss Scarlet

We know both are weaker than super vegeta. But is there a reason to believe of one being stronger than the other?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Trunks was stronger, #16 said Vegeta was above this Cell in every way while even Vegeta admitted the difference between him and Trunks was minimal.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I've got Trunks winning but after a rather tough battle. It'd be really tough. But his slight advantage would prove enough to me.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Vegeta is stronger in every way than trunks, though.
True, but I think if the difference was pretty slight, #16 would likely stated that as Vegeta slightly edging Cell out, rather than a broader statement "stronger in every way" which gives more room for a little bigger gap. Not big ofc as Cell kept up well in their warm up with neither since taking the obvious advantage but still more noticeable.
Come Crawling Faster

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Vegeta is stronger in every way than trunks, though.
Minimally. #16 made it sound like Vegeta was still comfortably ahead which was why he was confused when Vegeta got frustrated with Cell and Cell was completely composed.

Miss Scarlet

The beginning of the fight between perfect cell and vegeta is weird. Cell can stop a kick from vegeta with his palms, then they trade blows for a while and cell is smiling blocking hits from vegeta and vegeta has a lot of trouble blocking a single hit from cell. On top of it vegeta was frustrated while cell was still smiling being chill.

I don't think it give us the impression of cell being weaker than vegeta if he can perform all of these feats. Even if vegeta was stronger it shouldn't be by much.