Great Ape Gohan Discussion

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Gohan's Oozaru form isn't influenced by rage, there's no way Gohan is 13k shortly after the Raditz Arc.

What is Gohan during the Vegeta Arc? He's fully healed too, right? ANd Vegeta can beat 3 of him if he was at full power?

This is important here.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
As for the first part I could see 710 being the level Oozaru would be based off. It would seem very odd if Gohan's Oozaru form was weaker than his regular enraged self.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
As for the first part I could see 710 being the level Oozaru would be based off. It would seem very odd if Gohan's Oozaru form was weaker than his regular enraged self.

It was against Vegeta.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
You literally said after the Raditz fight which is what I'm talking about.
710 is not Gohan's regular power. That's his enraged power.

Oozaru is based on Gohan's regular power, which is surely below Goku and Piccolo, as it's always been.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
710 is Gohan’s natural power. He’s not enraged, he’s crying in the pod.

Gohan’s true regular power is meant to be stronger than Goku and Piccolo. He has more potential than anyone.

I think vs Vegeta he was a bit injured. He got quite a beating. Oozaru Gohan there is probably 10k.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
710 is Gohan’s natural power. He’s not enraged, he’s crying in the pod.

Gohan’s true regular power is meant to be stronger than Goku and Piccolo. He has more potential than anyone.

I think vs Vegeta he was a bit injured. He got quite a beating. Oozaru Gohan there is probably 10k.
No, Gohan is not naturally above his father and Piccolo. He's crying because he's emotional. His power changes with his emotions.

His enraged power is beyond them, not his regular power. That doesn't happen until the CG.

Why is he 10k? Gohan is 1k?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Gohan's rage surpassing Oozaru by dozens of times sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Gohan's rage surpassing Oozaru by dozens of times sounds absolutely ridiculous.
I never said dozens of times. I'm sure Oozaru Gohan is beyond everything we see, including the Special Beam Cannon, but he ain't above Nappa and 5,000 and all of that.

He's probably around 2,000 or so I'd say. That's probably fair.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
His power in the Raditz fight seems way more volatile. It fluctuates way more with his emotional state than it does later, where he has a baseline and it only increases when he snaps and loses all control. He has zero control over his power in the Raditz fight, unlike later.

If Gohan went Oozaru in the Raditz fight, I highly doubt he'd have a power level of 10. His power level of 1 is strictly for his placid state, and he's not placid as an Oozaru.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
His power in the Raditz fight seems way more volatile. It fluctuates way more with his emotional state than it does later, where he has a baseline and it only increases when he snaps and loses all control. He has zero control over his power in the Raditz fight, unlike later.

This should be a reason why proportionally Gohan in the Vegeta arc has more power, not less, right? More control is good, right?

If Gohan went Oozaru in the Raditz fight, I highly doubt he'd have a power level of 10. His power level of 1 is strictly for his placid state, and he's not placid as an Oozaru.

That’s never been the argument. Factually speaking Oozaru Gohan scales way above Piccolo, but the idea that Gohan is proportionally stronger during the Raditz Arc than the Vegeta Arc due to having less control seems fallacious.

Gohan’s regular power falls below Goku and Piccolo’s no doubt. The power Gohan starts training with is far different than when his emotions hit their peak.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
His power changes with his emotions.

And he loses control of his emotions as an Oozaru. He’s a giant rampaging beast.

Alternatively, I’ve seen people suggest Calm Gohan was already much stronger from that 1 day of surviving. Like 100ish.

Why is he 10k? Gohan is 1k?

Yeah, he’s injured. Everyone was too beat up to stop a barely alive Vegeta.