GT as a series of movies

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Just something that came to mind. GT feels much like the old DBZ movies, Super 17 even follows the formula perfectly, so what if they were a series of movies? Could it work?

Would be pretty cool if a fan with editing skills and patience ever tried that. Take the episodes, cut down the fat and put them all together.

Warmmedown

Elite
The best parts are Vegeta shaving and driving. Gotta leave those in.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Nvm it doesn’t work. A Black Star DB Saga would be fucking terrible and it’s the set up for the whole series.

CilinisStromy

Super 17 definitely had that classic formula. Turning GT into a series of movies could actually be a pretty cool idea! It would be like condensing all the epic moments into a cinematic experience. Can you imagine watching those movies out in theaters now? I think it would be an amazing experience.

Last edited:

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super 17 definitely had that classic formula. Turning GT into a series of movies could actually be a pretty cool idea! It would be like condensing all the epic moments into a cinematic experience. Can you imagine watching those movies out in theaters now? I think it would be an amazing experience.
CilinisStormy, I agree! I would love to see Dragon Ball GT as a series of movies! Could you imagine seeing it in your local theater? It would be an exhilarating action-packed anime experience! Dragon Ball is very popular!

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
The main problem is the Black Star Dragon Ball saga, but you could trim it into a montage as the opening act of the Baby saga movie.

Goku should have also regained his tail in his kid form in order to speed up the progression to SSJ4. That way you don't have to waste time forcibly regrowing Goku's tail which was done very stupidly in GT as pulling on the tail implies his tail was somehow inside his body.

I think making the first film into 1/2 black star dragon ball saga and 1/2 planet M2 saga is the best way. That way we get a thrilling fight with the Sigma Force and General Rilldo and we can fast-forward through the first saga's more mundane moments.

Last edited:

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
The main problem is the Black Star Dragon Ball saga, but you could trim it into a montage as the opening act of the Baby saga movie.

Goku should have also regained his tail in his kid form in order to speed up the progression to SSJ4. That way you don't have to waste time forcibly regrowing Goku's tail which was done very stupidly in GT as pulling on the tail implies his tail was somehow inside his body.

I think making the first film into 1/2 black star dragon ball saga and 1/2 planet M2 saga is the best way. That way we get a thrilling fight with the Sigma Force and General Rilldo and we can fast-forward through the first saga's more mundane moments.

Yup. But instead of the Baby Saga, make it a M2 movie before. You can’t discard M2 as just part of the montage.

As a kid I didn’t watch the full GT and thought the tail came back because of that. Could be added in that Goku’s body was aged before Kami’s anti-tail spell, so the tail grew back mid fight with Baby.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Yup. But instead of the Baby Saga, make it a M2 movie before. You can’t discard M2 as just part of the montage.

As a kid I didn’t watch the full GT and thought the tail came back because of that. Could be added in that Goku’s body was aged before Kami’s anti-tail spell, so the tail grew back mid fight with Baby.
That's what I was thinking. We could skip Sugoroku space and instead just have Goku and Co. land on new Planet Plant and have the full sequence of Baby fights there, and have Goku's tail dramatically grow back after being defeated by Baby the first time.

If trying to edit existing GT footage you'd have to keep the Sugoroku space sequence though.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Nvm it doesn’t work. A Black Star DB Saga would be fucking terrible and it’s the set up for the whole series.
I feel they could have the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga condensed and have it lead up to Baby as the villain of the movie.