Hi! Pretend I'm interesting!

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Why must we pretend? Don't you think that deceiving another is to deny that person reality? Or is reality dependent upon perception? Is my reality different from your reality?

What is your favorite dish to make?

What is your favorite dish to eat?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Kyo said:
Why must we pretend? Don't you think that deceiving another is to deny that person reality? Or is reality dependent upon perception? Is my reality different from your reality?

What is your favorite dish to make?

What is your favorite dish to eat?
Ignorance is bliss.

My favorite dish to make is Chicken Cheese Steaks.

My favorite dish to eat is Chilly Dogs.

@Whippedkillsmiled, no. I always claim the fart. Always. Especially in the bathtub.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Saiyan said:
Where did you get your username? From anime/manga?
Naw, lol. Southern Gothic is the name of the one and only novel I managed to finish and publish.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
What is the first piece of advice you'd give to someone before they attempt to write a story?

What's your favorite TV series and why?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Kyo said:
What is the first piece of advice you'd give to someone before they attempt to write a story?

What's your favorite TV series and why?
I write very unorthodox, so beware. But I don't plan anything out ahead of time. No outlines or notes. Just the initial idea in my head. Most schools encourage outlines, first drafts and such, and that caused my to struggle in college. The more I plan, the worse I get.

In fact, I always ended up faking the outline and drafts, then turning in something totally different.

I say this because, for me, I need to enjoy the story as an audience member. I need to be surprised and figure thing out. As soon as I plan out the story ahead of time, it kills my interest and I get bored.

So my advice would be just go write. Write, write, write. Everyday, even for a few minutes. Confidence is the biggest factor in writing, and the more you do it, the more comfortable and flexible you become. Like weight lifting. So just let the pen or keyboard take you where ever you need to go.

My favorite show ever is probably Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Mostly for the writing lol, but its also the only show I watched from start to finish while it was still on the air.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Did you ever go back to the restaurant where you had that bad experience last December?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Oshino Shinobu said:
Why do you like Tarble?
Because I have no attention span and my favorite character changes like every two weeks lol.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Kenshi said:
Did you ever go back to the restaurant where you had that bad experience last December?
I don't believe I've been back, but it's not a place I frequent a lot anyway.