How bad was Grade 2's stamina drain?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
We see Vegeta maintaining the form for a pretty long time, from the beginning of the Semi Cell fight up until he was beaten by Perfect Cell. Vegeta clearly viewed it as a worthwhile boost but was smart enough not to go beyond it. Goku knew directly after discovering the form that regular SSJ was better though, so how strenuous really was Grade 2?

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Higher than Grade 1 Super Saiyan, but not enough to be a major detriment since the user's speed isn't negatively effected like with Grade 3 is.

Last edited:

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Yeah not that high. Vegeta could beat up Semi Cell and still had the energy to prepare to fight Perfect Cell. It's funny because Goku has openly given up stamina issues in the light of bigger powers like using Kaioken x3 or Kaioken x20. It seems to me that Goku for some reason judged SSJ as the best despite no other explanation being given other than being a more balanced state and being better once they get rid of the restless feeling. My guess though is that Goku would get better training benefits in terms of power up by mastering the SSJ. Not my making the multiplier stronger but by getting a bigger power up going down that route, with a quicker increase, making any boost from SSJg2 not enough in light of the power up obtained by working on mastering the SSJ.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
When Vegeta used it might not have been a big deal, but if Goku were a SSJG2 vs Cell I imagine he would've been done after the Kamehameha.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Better than 100% Freeza, worse than Grade 1 SSJ.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I wonder why Vegeta didn’t just keep using it for the Cell Games then.

Hector

High Class Warrior
We see Vegeta maintaining the form for a pretty long time, from the beginning of the Semi Cell fight up until he was beaten by Perfect Cell. Vegeta clearly viewed it as a worthwhile boost but was smart enough not to go beyond it. Goku knew directly after discovering the form that regular SSJ was better though, so how strenuous really was Grade 2?
As strenuous as the plot needed it to be. I'm not against Mastered Super Saiyan being an an Ascended Super Saiyan with more stamina.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
I wonder why Vegeta didn’t just keep using it for the Cell Games then.
Same. Grade 2 Vegeta and Trunks would have taken care of Cell Jr

heck, if Goku used it he would be able to fight 100% Cell

Grade 2 boost is very high judging from Vegeta’s transformation sequence