How does Grade 2 Trunks had a hard time trying to catch Semi Perfect Cell?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Reference images:
0187-005.jpg0187-006.png0187-007.jpg

Do you think this could be because Android 17's speed is implied to be an anomaly?

Chapter: 373 (DBZ 179), P4.2
No.16: “Wh-what speed.”

Chapter: 373 (DBZ 179), P5.4, P6.1, P8.3
Cell: “Even I’m surprised at this magnificent speed…Obviously this is thanks to absorbing No.17…I wonder what my power’s like? [he blasts No.16] Hoh…Seems that’s gone up quite a bit too…”

Chapter: 373 (DBZ 179), P11.2
Context: as No.18 threatens to destroy herself
Cell: “It should take you an instant to charge before you fire that energy bullet…So I should be able to stop your suicide if I move faster than that…

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Trunks doesn't have a hard time catching Cell. He's right there about to catch him in a way reminiscent of Kaioken Goku when he caught Nappa. If not for Vegeta interfering, Trunks would have caught Cell.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Trunks doesn't have a hard time catching Cell.
He still didn't reach him, if this was a career, Cell would have reached the lap and come out as the winner. Someone having reached his pray on a career would be 3rd form Freeza with Piccolo.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
He still didn't reach him, if this was a career, Cell would have reached the lap and come out as the winner.
I have to disagree with you here. It looks like he'd reach Cell in time to stop him from reaching 18.

Without Vegeta, Trunks stops Cell from absorbing 18.

That is the ultimate win here.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
I have to disagree with you here. It looks like he'd reach Cell in time to stop him from reaching 18.
Does he manage to intercept him? Who was behind and who was ahead?

We can respectfully disagree as nobody read the manga with the same eyes.

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The panel makes it look like Trunks is about to strike down Cell. He was moving so much faster that he was already starting his attack when he was a good 10 feet behind Cell.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
The panel makes it look like Trunks is about to strike down Cell. He was moving so much faster that he was already starting his attack when he was a good 10 feet behind Cell.
Why was Cell still ahead, though? Also during the competence, Cell was closer to 18 than Trunks.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why was Cell still ahead, though? Also during the competence, Cell was closer to 18 than Trunks.
Cell had a huge head start. Trunks had to transform into Grade 2 before he could even fly at Cell.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Yeah, Trunks delays his descent even further by having to transform. He would have definitely taken Cell out before he could absorb 18.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Cell had a huge head start. Trunks had to transform into Grade 2 before he could even fly at Cell.
That actually bring him an increase in power and speed (on top of him being able to access in an instant), so it can also go on any favour. How does Freeza catch Piccolo if Piccolo began running first?

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
That actually bring him an increase in power and speed (on top of him being able to access in an instant), so it can also go on any favour. How does Freeza catch Piccolo if Piccolo began running first?
Yes, Trunks transforms, boosting his power and speed so he can catch up to Cell. Freeza outspeeds Piccolo. Not sure what's the issue here.

How about this, what is the underlying issue you are advocating for? There's something else here that you are trying to get at?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
@Power Level Guy

But Vegeta didn't directly interfere from the getgo against Trunks, had he been much faster, Vegeta wouldn't have interfered and would have happened the same Semi Cell did with Android 16 & 18.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
@Power Level Guy

But Vegeta didn't directly interfere from the getgo against Trunks, had he been much faster, Vegeta wouldn't have interfered and would have happened the same Semi Cell did with Android 16 & 18.
Agreed. Trunks is not 10x faster than Semi Cell, he's probably not even 2x faster.

Are you trying to make a direct comparison of KK Goku > Nappa by more than G2 Trunks > Semi Cell? Because that I agree with.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
@Power Level Guy

I think G2 Trunks is like 1.5x faster/stronger than Semi Cell, but I just don't get why he didn't reach him easily with that gap. At the very least their gap has to be smaller than Piccolo & 3rd form Freeza.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
Freeza vs Piccolo

Piccolo began running up:

0108-008.jpg

Piccolo thinks that no matter how much he increases his power, if he lacks of he speed:
0108-009.jpg

Piccolo realizes he was wrong:
0108-010.jpg

Cell vs Trunks

Cell began running after his prey:
0187-004.jpg

Trunks shouts he wouldn't let get his perfect form:
0187-005.jpg

Vegeta follows Trunks:
0187-006.jpg

Vegeta intercepts Trunks:
0187-007.jpg