How does Grade 2 Trunks had a hard time trying to catch Semi Perfect Cell?

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Looks like a wash to me. Only thing that stands out to me is that Vegeta can catch up to Trunks so easily.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The only reason why Vegeta needed to intervene is because Trunks was going to catch Cell.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
From the panels it looks like Trunks is closer to Cell then Cell was to 18. Another second or 2 and he could have grabbed his tail.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
The only reason why Vegeta needed to intervene is because Trunks was going to catch Cell.
That would be a good point had Vegeta intervened since the beginning. Otherwise, Trunks is trying his best and still failing.
From the panels it looks like Trunks is closer to Cell then Cell was to 18. Another second or 2 and he could have grabbed his tail.
How is he closer to 18 if Cell is directly in front of her?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That would be a good point had Vegeta intervened since the beginning. Otherwise, Trunks is trying his best and still failing.
I'm just not seeing the issue here personally. Trunks can't teleport and he's not so much faster than Cell that he can get there instantly like 3rd Form Freeza did against Piccolo.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'm just not seeing the issue here personally. Trunks can't teleport and he's not so much faster than Cell that he can get there instantly like 3rd Form Freeza did against Piccolo.
Or Vegeta vs Cui. SSJg2 vs Semi Cell less than 75% gap confirmed?

Symbiote

High Class Warrior

How is he closer to 18 if Cell is directly in front of her?
If he’s directly in front of her then Trunks is directly behind Cell. He’s got like a 15ft long tail behind him

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Yeah, Trunks delays his descent even further by having to transform. He would have definitely taken Cell out before he could absorb 18.
It's likely his regular SSJ form wasn't quite strong enough to beat Cell. Vegeta transformed into ASSJ just to show off, but Trunks transformed as he decided to handle matters himself.