How I would re-write the DBZ movies timeline and script

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
This is just in reference to the movies I enjoyed watching, the other ones I don't care and were basically boring, regardless.

Movie 3: This would take place after Vegeta's "defeat" but prior to Namek trip, Goku, Gohan and Krillin would be the only ones on Earth fighting them, Vegeta would maybe do a cameo or should be referenced at least once during the movie. The time it would be premiered would be before Freeza's final fight, but after all of his men were defeated. This would be premiered a few days prior of Episode 77.

Movie 5: I have no inconveniences with this. It fits perfectly after Freeza's defeat and Goku still not going SSJ. Regardless or if Vegeta appears doesn't matter as he has proven to be irrelevant without SSJ, so yes, it would only be Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo acompaning Goku and its premier won't change.

Movie 6: This would take place in an alternative timeline in which the Z Fighters managed to defeat the Androids after shutting them down with the control and after the whole Z team lost, Goku could have taken the medicine and he is in top shape, Trunks decided to go with the same control so he can assure his future would be safe now. This would take place a few days before Episode 142 got premiered.

Movie 8: This movie fits perfect, without Goku it shouldn't have been the same so I wouldn't extend it any further and it's premier would be the same.

Movie 9: This has a good plot and it is pretty well driven, no doubt about it to me, so I wouldn't change anything.

Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans: I would extend this OVA to be prior to the Budokai 25, the Earth is in danger prior to the Budokai 25. Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta, Piccolo and Android 18 would be fighting ghost disguised as the villains in the past such as Freeza, Cooler, Turles, Android 19 and Dr Gero obviously they would have not the same strenght as the real ones and Bulma would solve the situation. When fighting Hatchiyack, Vegeta and Gohan would be the most relevants and Gohan would remember Cell as opposed to Broly comparing Hatchiyack strength with his. Goku, Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Vegeta would be in the final beam struggle with Piccolo & 18 attacking both sides for Hatchiyack to be defeated and Goku would just be a spirit.

Movie 10: I would extend this movie at the point of SSJ Gotenks appearing, so we could have Gotenks vs Broly. Gohan would be his Post Z Sword Self, Goten and Trunks would start fighting unfused against Broly, but would be recovered by a senzu and they would do fusion, Gohan would be making time, but would get defeated by Broly, Broly would fire a blast like Cell vs Vegeta and Gotenks would rescue, Gotenks is just at one arm and initially losing the struggle with Broly, Goku would appear to say him he can defeat Broly and give him courage, Gohan use his last masenko and Broly is defeated.

Movie 12: I would extend this movie to prior to Vegetto appearing and it's premier would be before Episode 268. I would make Freeza and Cell to appear in Earth and getting confronted by Goten, Trunks and Gohan (when Gotenks only appearing with Gogeta and Gohan would be satisfied when sensing Gogeta's ki calling it abnormal), but would be one-sidedly beaten for the sake of comedy, I would change Fat Janemba height as the same as Fat Buu and after Goku defeats him, from the smoke Super Janemba appear, Goku has no option to fight as SSJ3, but gets defeated, Vegeta appears and then it's basically the same plot.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
Broly fight agains Gohan/Vegeta/Gotenks will be awesome (That would give credit to Broly, which wasn't even in Movie 8)

Hector

High Class Warrior
All the movies can make perfect sense if you accept my 6-timelines theory, placing each movie in the timeline where it makes the most sense. But if you insist on trying to fit them all in the main timeline, here's how I'd do it.

-Movie 1: No need for changes here, other than Krillin meeting Gohan, which can be explained by Krillin forgetting him after that rock fell on his head. Gohan's outburst in the end can be his 710 power, so Piccolo later, against Raditz, still gets shocked by his 1,307 power.
-Movies 2-4: All those movies take place during the 3-year period during which the Z-Fighters prepare for the Androids. Vegeta is training in outer space. Goku's trump card is Super Saiyan instead of the Spirit Bomb.
-Movie 5: I once wrote a fanfic where, instead of invading Earth, Cooler invades Yardrat. During the fight there, Goku masters the Instant Transmission as well as his ability to go Super Saiyan at will.
-Movie 6: Takes place after the Cell Games. Goku is dead, and Vegeta teams up with Gohan against Meta Cooler. Gohan can't go SSJ2 at will, and he eventually manages to transform in the end.
-Movie 7: Takes place while Vegeta and Gohan are away on Namek (Movie 6). Piccolo and the humans are left back on the Earth, where they need to face Dr Gero's weaker creations.
-Movie 8: Takes place after Buu Saga. It'd be awesome if the final villain of the series was the true Legendary Super Saiyan.
-Movie 9: No changes.
-Movie 10-11: Let's skip these ones. I don't think it's worth bringing back the final villain twice just for the fuck of it.
-Movie 12: Perhaps we could move that one to the Dragon Ball Super era (though I hate Super), with Beerus and Whis helping in the fight or at least being present.
-Movie 13: This is where Goku learns to go SSJ God at will, which explains why he surpasses Gotenks and Gohan. Also, Tapion stays on Earth instead of leaving for another timeline (that never made sense to me, since that way he'll never see, not even in the afterlife, his brother from this timeline).

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
This is just in reference to the movies I enjoyed watching, the other ones I don't care and were basically boring, regardless.

Movie 3: This would take place after Vegeta's "defeat" but prior to Namek trip, Goku, Gohan and Krillin would be the only ones on Earth fighting them, Vegeta would maybe do a cameo or should be referenced at least once during the movie. The time it would be premiered would be before Freeza's final fight, but after all of his men were defeated. This would be premiered a few days prior of Episode 77.

Movie 5: I have no inconveniences with this. It fits perfectly after Freeza's defeat and Goku still not going SSJ. Regardless or if Vegeta appears doesn't matter as he has proven to be irrelevant without SSJ, so yes, it would only be Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo acompaning Goku and its premier won't change.

Movie 6: This would take place in an alternative timeline in which the Z Fighters managed to defeat the Androids after shutting them down with the control and after the whole Z team lost, Goku could have taken the medicine and he is in top shape, Trunks decided to go with the same control so he can assure his future would be safe now. This would take place a few days before Episode 142 got premiered.

Movie 8: This movie fits perfect, without Goku it shouldn't have been the same so I wouldn't extend it any further and it's premier would be the same.

Movie 9: This has a good plot and it is pretty well driven, no doubt about it to me, so I wouldn't change anything.

Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans: I would extend this OVA to be prior to the Budokai 25, the Earth is in danger prior to the Budokai 25. Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta, Piccolo and Android 18 would be fighting ghost disguised as the villains in the past such as Freeza, Cooler, Turles, Android 19 and Dr Gero obviously they would have not the same strenght as the real ones and Bulma would solve the situation. When fighting Hatchiyack, Vegeta and Gohan would be the most relevants and Gohan would remember Cell as opposed to Broly comparing Hatchiyack strength with his. Goku, Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Vegeta would be in the final beam struggle with Piccolo & 18 attacking both sides for Hatchiyack to be defeated and Goku would just be a spirit.

Movie 10: I would extend this movie at the point of SSJ Gotenks appearing, so we could have Gotenks vs Broly. Gohan would be his Post Z Sword Self, Goten and Trunks would start fighting unfused against Broly, but would be recovered by a senzu and they would do fusion, Gohan would be making time, but would get defeated by Broly, Broly would fire a blast like Cell vs Vegeta and Gotenks would rescue, Gotenks is just at one arm and initially losing the struggle with Broly, Goku would appear to say him he can defeat Broly and give him courage, Gohan use his last masenko and Broly is defeated.

Movie 12: I would extend this movie to prior to Vegetto appearing and it's premier would be before Episode 268. I would make Freeza and Cell to appear in Earth and getting confronted by Goten, Trunks and Gohan (when Gotenks only appearing with Gogeta and Gohan would be satisfied when sensing Gogeta's ki calling it abnormal), but would be one-sidedly beaten for the sake of comedy, I would change Fat Janemba height as the same as Fat Buu and after Goku defeats him, from the smoke Super Janemba appear, Goku has no option to fight as SSJ3, but gets defeated, Vegeta appears and then it's basically the same plot.
11: Another villan (no mug-broly)

Movie 8: I would leave it the same but add a fight between Broly in RSSJ form, at the end of the film Broly would fight against Gohan who transformed into SSJ2 and would finally be defeated by Goku (with everyone's energy)

Movie 10: I would use your same example but change some things, Broly would be killed by Gohan/Gotenks/Goku/Vegeta Family Kahameha, if Vegeta is not dead I would add him to help Gohan in the fight (to give credit for Broly's achievements in Movie 8)

Movie 3: would add Vegeta to help Goku

Movie 4: same thing

Movie 5/6/7: same thing

Movie 9: Goku would fight Bojack to gain time and Gohan would transform into SSJ2, thus defeating Bojack and the others

Movie 12: same thing , Broly appears in the last minutes in LSSJ3 to fight against Gogeta

Movie Ova: about LSSJ3 Broly being defeat by Gogeta and others

Movie 13: same thing

Movie 11: new villan like Dabura

Movie 14: Villan Rush?

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Movie 8: I would leave it the same but add a fight between Broly in RSSJ form, at the end of the film Broly would fight against Gohan who transformed into SSJ2 and would finally be defeated by Goku (with everyone's energy)
If this isn't a time to give someone other than Goku the victory I don't know what is. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan is one of the most epic characters we ever see. To give the victory to Goku with absorbing everyone's energy nonsense when you have the ultra powerful Gohan there seems wrong.

I think M8 Broly should be like a Perfect Cell type of level of power or something.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
If this isn't a time to give someone other than Goku the victory I don't know what is. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan is one of the most epic characters we ever see. To give the victory to Goku with absorbing everyone's energy nonsense when you have the ultra powerful Gohan there seems wrong.

I think M8 Broly should be like a Perfect Cell type of level of power or something.
Yes, but it's just something I see happening a lot in movies

Goku Ultra power wins the villans

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Yes, but it's just something I see happening a lot in movies

Goku Ultra power wins the villans
Sure, but if we are going to rewrite the story, we might as well fix those things. Broly is really a Cell like villain, which means Gohan should have the victory over these types.

Ssj2 Gohan should be fight M8 Broly, M10 Broly, and Bojack.

We might as well get as much good action from Ssj2 Gohan as we can, there will never be a time where Gohan gets this kind of love.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
Sure, but if we are going to rewrite the story, we might as well fix those things. Broly is really a Cell like villain, which means Gohan should have the victory over these types.

Ssj2 Gohan should be fight M8 Broly, M10 Broly, and Bojack.

We might as well get as much good action from Ssj2 Gohan as we can, there will never be a time where Gohan gets this kind of love.
could change it and have Goku (Toei Maximum) fighting agains Broly and Gohan SSJ2 appearing and defeating Broly with max attack

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
could change it and have Goku (Toei Maximum) fighting agains Broly and Gohan SSJ2 appearing and defeating Broly with max attack
TOEI Hax Goku is one of the worst characters we ever experience. Why would you want to put us through that again when we have a great alternative option? Goku is simply not needed during this arc, this is Gohan's time to shine.