How strong is Pui Pui?

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
A classic question, but one I think is still worth discussing.

A lot of people think Pui Pui is very weak because he thought 10x gravity was impressive. To this, I'd argue that gravity is a very inconsistent thing throughout the manga, and likely has little to do with actual power. Consider that even Android arc Gohan, who likely has a battle power in the millions, noticed 10x gravity when he went into the Room of Spirit and Time. To that end, gravity is not a great argument to use when it comes to powerscaling DB characters.

As for the actual question, I think Pui Pui should at least have power relevant to the Android arc, as he was thought to be capable of defeating all three of the base Saiyans.

Chapter: 449 (DBZ 255), P3.1
Context: talking about taking energy from Goku and co.
Babidi: “Hehhehheh…That’s why I summoned them here. I wonder if Pui-Pui’s finished all 3 off by now? ”

Even if we consider that the Saiyans were holding back, their power was still considered marvelous by Dabra, and relevant towards reviving Boo. Considering this, I believe Pui Pui should rank at least above Namek Freeza. This is also suggested by the fact that Babidi didn't take Freeza as one of his henchmen despite the fact that he was actively looking for strong warriors to use.

What do you guys think? Do you think Pui Pui is strong? Or just overrated fodder?

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
Yeah, Base Trunks was struggling to move around in 150G, but then was able to move around effortlessly as a Super Saiyan.

I believe having a higher power does it make it easier to move around in higher gravity, but if you're not already acclimated to moving in higher gravity then you're still going to struggle, no matter how strong you are.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah, Base Trunks was struggling to move around in 150G, but then was able to move around effortlessly as a Super Saiyan.

I believe having a higher power does it make it easier to move around in higher gravity, but if you're not already acclimated to moving in higher gravity then you're still going to struggle, no matter how strong you are.
I think Super Boo or someone similar wouldn't even feel 150G. He didn't notice his body becoming 10x heavier when he entered the Rosat after all.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
I think Super Boo or someone similar wouldn't even feel 150G. He didn't notice his body becoming 10x heavier when he entered the Rosat after all.
I think a case can be made for that at least partially being due to his unique anatomy.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Gravity in DBZ works like this. There's a broad range in which someone unaccustomed to high gravity will feel it affect them, and they'll need to spend time in high gravity to get used to it. But there are eventually characters so strong that they can essentially brute force the gravity from the start just by having a high power level. It is actually pretty consistent if you view it this way, albeit unintentionally -- if Toriyama had drawn more scenes in high gravity then surely a more blatant inconsistency would crop up.

Vegeta pre-Androids arc was handling 300G after some time, but an even stronger Kid Trunks later on was struggling in 150G. But turning Super Saiyan made it a cake walk despite Trunks's lack of experience. This tells us that anyone on Base Trunks's level or below would struggle with 150G if they were unaccustomed to it, but somewhere in between Base and SSJ Trunks is a level at which even an untrained individual wouldn't feel 150G.

As such, Pui Pui has to be weak enough that an untrained individual (in high gravity) that's stronger than him would at least feel 10G (if we're going to give his words any credit), thus giving Pui Pui the advantage in the fight despite his inferiority otherwise. Personally, I think Base Future Trunks in the Androids arc is probably nearing the top of that range. I can't imagine a Super Saiyan (from any arc) feeling 10G.

Last edited:

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
There’s certainly a limit when it comes to power level vs gravity. Trunks instantly negated the 150G when he transformed, and Pui Pui is actually expecting a big change here. IIRC Gohan and Future Trunks weren’t slowed down as much as just bothered in the Rosat, Pui Pui is expecting Vegeta to be severely nerfed.

I think this Babid recruiting Freeza thing could go either way. Babidi was laying low and taking folks from the outskirts of the universe and the demon realm. Freeza is literally the emperor, if Babidi messed with him then Kaioshin would notice. And sure, Babidi and Dabra expected Pocus to fight “strong” guys, but when he dies they go :eek: and say they were basing their calcs on data collected 300 years ago. The strongest person back then was Piccolo Daimao.

Personally, I like the theory that each of Babidi’s goons is based on an old villain. Dabra is Cell, Yakon is Freeza and Pocus is Saiyan Saga Vegeta. But not base, probably Oozaru Vegeta. I’d say he has to be stronger than Ginyu at least.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Above Piccolo and Kaioshin, below the Base Saiyans and Yakkon.

Warrior_of_Mite

Above Piccolo and Kaioshin, below the Base Saiyans and Yakkon.
I don't think so.

CG Piccolo fought comparable to Vegeta/Future Trunks in the Cell Games. So in order for Vegeta to be above Piccolo in base he would have had to multiple his power by > 50x to be able to beat Piccolo in base. In addition to the gains Piccolo made in the 7 year jump.

The same Vegeta who was using Gohan as a benchmark of power to reach. Vegeta tells Gohan after the 7 years leading up to the Buu Saga that he wasn't so sure Gohan was stronger than him. How much stronger do you think FPSS Gohan was than CG SS Vegeta? 2,3,5x stronger?

Pui Pui takes hits from Buu Saga Vegeta who would have had a base power level in the millions. Pui Pui can't be any Saiyan Saga power level or he would have exploded from the first hit. However, Vegeta thinking he was close to CG Gohan means he was closing in on CG Gohan's base power from the Cell Saga. This base Gohan is below CG Piccolo. CG Piccolo > Base CG Gohan >/= Buu Saga Base Vegeta >>> Pui Pui. So Pui Pui can't be above Piccolo. Vegeta would have to have gotten a base > 50x stronger to match CG Piccolo on power. We know this didn't happen as Vegeta was still not above base CG Gohan, Pre-Majin. Piccolo would wreck Pui Pui. Getting wrecked by base Buu Saga Vegeta means Pui Pui is Frieza tier at most.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think that Toriyama forgot Piccolo went into the ROSAT.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I also kinda like the theory that the Babidi's minions are based off the previous villians. Well, Dabra fits perfectly as such was said. Pui Pui interestingly fights Vegeta (Vegeta was the first main villain) and brags about something Saiyans were given an emphasis on -- being born in a 10G planet... and Yakon fights Goku, Freeza's archenemy. Yakon is very debatable since there's more than a solid case for base Saiyans being above Freeza, but sometimes the Freeza > base Saiyans route doesn't bother me as much and is comfortable with me, as the Boo saga is overall a mess in that part of the story, as are the general implications. Like GSM said, maybe give Pui Pui more credit and assume he was clicking with Vegeta at his best, thus 180,000.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
What makes you think that Pui Pui is based off of Appule?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I also kinda like the theory that the Babidi's minions are based off the previous villians. Well, Dabra fits perfectly as such was said. Pui Pui interestingly fights Vegeta (Vegeta was the first main villain) and brags about something Saiyans were given an emphasis on -- being born in a 10G planet... and Yakon fights Goku, Freeza's archenemy. Yakon is very debatable since there's more than a solid case for base Saiyans being above Freeza, but sometimes the Freeza > base Saiyans route doesn't bother me as much and is comfortable with me, as the Boo saga is overall a mess in that part of the story, as are the general implications. Like GSM said, maybe give Pui Pui more credit and assume he was clicking with Vegeta at his best, thus 180,000.

Goku didn’t even take Yakon very seriously. He’s casually dodging him in the dark and kicking his face. Although Yakon was overconfident because of the darkness.

What makes you think that Pui Pui is based off of Appule?

They’re both omnipotent.

Hector

High Class Warrior
I think that Toriyama forgot Piccolo went into the ROSAT.
Maybe we can infer he didn't have large gains. Goku asking him to split back into two with Kami, as if it didn't matter whether his power would be halved, supports that.