How strong were Movie 9 Z Fighters?

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
At the end of the movie it is said that Gohan could easily defeat the same guy who not even Vegeta and Piccolo could stand up against, and before of that, that a match between Gohan and Trunks would be awesome (by Goku). With all of this is safe to assume that Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo and Vegeta were intended to be in the same realm of power.

However, with what the Cell Games portrays this is clearly not the case, as feats proved by SSJ Gohan. So one could think that Toei simply decided to do what they want, but Goku still was confident in Gohan defeating Bojack if showing his full power as similar with Cell.

Which also conflicts the scalling a whole lot is Trunks vs Tenshinhan, but that is clearly a PIS.

Warmmedown

Elite
I always found it hard to place them. But I'm somewhat confident in saying somewhere between 23rd Budokai Krillin and SSJ3 Gotenks.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
I always found it hard to place them. But I'm somewhat confident in saying somewhere between 23rd Budokai Krillin and SSJ3 Gotenks.
They're clearly weaker than Majin Vegeta & SSJ2 Goku as their strongest fighter is SSJ2 Gohan, don't know why to include SSJ3 Gotenks into all of this.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
Vegeta and Trunks weaker than in Cell Saga, Gohan must have trained