020_fc.png
023_fc.png
194_fc.png
134.png
Beginning of the end though still were the last of the good days:
04_10.jpg

Hector

High Class Warrior
Someone should write a spin-off. DBZ, with Goku turning from a unique human to an alien and Kami turning from God to a member of a magic race, killed the original story.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
So do I. It'd be cool if Toriyama added some in-between stories for the part 1. Like showing more closely their training regimen to the 23rd Budokai and how Yamcha got that scar and how Ten developed his 4 bodies special move. And maybe show more of what transpired in between the 5 years gap before Raditz coming. I loved the vibe part 1 gave and I was way more familiar with part 2 first. The fact I got to know DB from part 2 and still miss the part 1 means a lot when it comes to its quality to me.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I think I especially miss the crew how they were before Tenshinhan & Chaozu joined too. When it was: Goku & Bulma & Oolong & Yamcha & Puar & Muten-Roshi & Turtle & Kuririn & Lunch. The group were so tight-knit. Like they actually cared for each-other so much. Yamcha & co. were there when Goku re-united with Grand-Pa Gohan. When-ever there was a tournament fight one of them was going to fight-in the entire crew cheered them-on (including Lunch) IIRC. Yamcha wanted to help Goku against the RRA too & so many more.

Those were the days. Miss Young Goku.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Someone should write a spin-off. DBZ, with Goku turning from a unique human to an alien and Kami turning from God to a member of a magic race, killed the original story.

Like, what if Goku was a normal human instead of a Saiyan? And the power levels written accordingly, of course, Freeza or the Androids killing everyone just because there's no Super Saiyan would be boring.

Kami was always from a magical race though. He and Piccolo had their own language and Piccolo went around calling himself a demon.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Toriyama stated he'd already come up with Piccolo being an alien by the 23rd Budokai when he and Kami conversed in their native tongue. It wasn't just pulled out of ass during the Saiyan arc.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I think it ran its course though to be fair, but can see why nostalgia would kick in for some fans.

As the competition got stiffer, so did the focus on what mattered.