In real life, how much time would Roshi spend in jail if he were convicted for all the inappropriate things he's done?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I wonder what the star in Oolong's hat means/is a reference to.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Btw, mangas in general should stop sexualizing minors. Not talking about DB ofc, but other mangas I have read who have this tendency of making gag jokes sexualizing minors treating it as a funny thing. The age of consent in Japan is way lower, granted, but damn, those scenes, Kingdom for example, sounds pretty hard to read... They are only a 1% present though. I dunno if it's still an ongoing thing but it seems to be based in an old thread I created

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Doesn't matter. Ppl who find it funny and cool to have minors sexualized in mangas, some even as young as 14, are sick in the head.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Teenagers are biologically adults though. I know this doesn’t help my point but it’s just that they’re mentally still children.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Teenagers are biologically adults though. I know this doesn’t help my point but it’s just that they’re mentally still children.
> Their mentalities aren't that of an adult

Done. No manga should sexualize teenagers, at all. Even gags involving 18+ women in which the men touch them unwanted should be cut imo

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
> Their mentalities aren't that of an adult

Done. No manga should sexualize teenagers, at all. Even gags involving 18+ women in which the men touch them unwanted should be cut imo
IMG_7615.png

Hector

High Class Warrior
Doesn't matter. Ppl who find it funny and cool to have minors sexualized in mangas, some even as young as 14, are sick in the head.
Many, if not most, manga readers are people of those ages. I see nothing wrong with being turned on by images of people of your age being sexualized.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Many, if not most, manga readers are people of those ages. I see nothing wrong with being turned on by images of people of your age being sexualized.
Sometimes people don't grow out of that attraction though. 😬

Warmmedown

Elite
Here's the sentencing guidelines for sexual assault here https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/sexual-assault/
With females I'd say Roshi from what I remember was in category 3 and culpability A (due to significant degree of planning), so 26 weeks of jail as a minimum. But it could be suspended. edit: actually not 26 minimum I think, but 26 as a starting point and then it could go down to a community order or up to 1 year? But it can go above the category range in some cases.

Could definitely see him getting extra for the young age of Bulma (above 13, but young) and doing it in front of children (Goku, Krillin, Oolong, Puar, Yamcha). Maybe being on an island would play a role too, but I don't think so ("(an offence is not made more serious by the location of the offence except in ways taken into account by other factors in this guideline (such as planning, vulnerable victim, offence committed in a domestic context, maximising distress to victim, others put at risk of harm by the offending, offence committed in the presence of others)"). I don't think it would meet the criteria of domestic abuse, because he doesn't meet the relational criteria with Launch or anyone else aged over 16.

Last edited:

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Censoring things that may be harmful towards groups isn't a bad concept. Censoring is an ample term as well... Or you think things shouldn't be censored and just allow whatever they want to put in to be displayed? Censoring with critical thinking behind is more like not allowing harmful things.

Warmmedown

Elite
I wonder what the star in Oolong's hat means/is a reference to.
Chinese Army I think. Or NK or Soviet. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a...imple-olive-green-army-uniform-126945419.html

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why the hell censor groping and not vicious murder? Tf? Shows have always had sexual content, including works written and drawn by women.

Warmmedown

Elite
Can it not be funny because it's awkward? Or it's funny in a nostalgic way (like "haha, I remember being that age").

And this isn't for comedy so much, but what about things like Aku no Hana? It sexualises them, but it's for the sake of realistically depicting youth. So what if it's attempting realism, but also comedic at the same time? Like a male teen character getting sexually excited by a girl and thinking about how he's hard?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Why the hell censor groping and not vicious murder? Tf? Shows have always had sexual content, including works written and drawn by women.
Because it's making light of sexualizing/groping minors by taking it in a comedic way. It's basically trivializing an issue by making it seem like a basic non-serious act. I'm saying it done from the PoV of comedic, gag scenes not done with the needed seriousness. Berserk for example depicted heinous scenes but in a serious way in which people could see the act as totally deranged and morally wrong, which is imo ok to be portrayed since it wasn't making little of the issue.

@Warmmedown

The way the scenes are treated varies a lot. I mean more like gag-ish, comedic scenes, treating those things as funny. Aku no Hana, I dunno... I feel the repressed sexuality from Nakamura was an important theme to her character, as if she didn't want to show or accept she had those feeling she called perverting... When she sensed them, she was in agony. I think they were treated seriously enough to be ok in the sense that she had problems dealing with having those feelings, and the manga didn't show it explicitly by showing nudity. It was all a serious thing between teenagers when there was no one in the situation of abusing power and the scenes were treated with serious weight so that to me would be ok. Still though, I'm sure other people may find otherwise and think in any way, the simple suggestion when talking about 15 year old girls no matter the seriousness is bad. If someone said that I wouldn't get into it in depth with them because it's a contentious topic. Though manga gives more freedom for it in the way of Aku no Hana for example. If it were a movie, with real girls, then that already would not be ok to me. Much the same way Leon the Professional led to bad and disturbing experiences later on for Natalie Portman, who was a 13 years old girl in the movie and although not done like gag scenes in mangas do, the sexualization that she went through there as a 13 yo left scars and shouldn't be done. Not explicit sexualization as far as I remember from the movie (of course it would not be as it could not even be allowed) but the suggestive scenes already made it bad for her later.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Because it's making light of sexualizing/groping minors by taking it in a comedic way. It's basically trivializing an issue by making it seem like a basic non-serious act. I'm saying it done from the PoV of comedic, gag scenes not done with the needed seriousness. Berserk for example depicted heinous scenes but in a serious way in which people could see the act as totally deranged and morally wrong, which is imo ok to be portrayed since it wasn't making little of the issue.
There are shows on Netflix that show a character who's fictionally 16 having sex with a grown man. As long as the actors look adult and it's pointed out statutory rape is wrong in the show, I don't see any reason to censor shit unnecessarily. Teenagers especially have high sex drives than 30+ year olds, and they're more likely to be attracted to other minors their age. As long as actual minors aren't committing sex acts I don't see what's wrong with juvenile media using sex appeal to boost ratings. You didn't get problem doodles to 16 year old girls when you were a minor or barely an adult?

Last edited:

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
I was getting problem doodles when I was
13 huehuehue and sometimes even during class baby it needs some air.
Jus a lil treat huehuehue