Is God Ki useless?

RollBack

Low Class Warrior
at first it sounds cool. ki that "mere mortals" cant detect. but then fighters without god ki could SLAM goku. like the gamma's and cell max. and they make no use of not detecting its ki, which was a BIG problem in Z. i just feel like its a cheap way to add unbelievable powers and its such a shame.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It literally does nothing. I recall during Goku vs Toppo it was made to seem like having God ki automatically made you superior to regular mortals, yet we now having people like Beast Gohan that are infinitely beyond that level with regular Ki. So it means absolutely nothing now.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They cheapened it straight after Freeza surpassed SSJG Goku from training for 4 months and not even obtaining a god form. Guys like Jiren and Cell Max, Beast Gohan etc. just cheapened it further.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Yeah. Also what's the point in having a God form when Goku was still nowhere near the level of the GoDs? Why couldn't it had been just any generic Super Saiyan form that made Goku stronger?

It would make sense if Goku and Vegeta actually fought gods, that let's say, we're maybe lesser than Beerus but not astronomically so, but so many mortals getting to that level makes the title "Super Saiyan God" sound meaningless.

RollBack

Low Class Warrior
Yeah. Also what's the point in having a God form when Goku was still nowhere near the level of the GoDs? Why couldn't it had been just any generic Super Saiyan form that made Goku stronger?

It would make sense if Goku and Vegeta actually fought gods, that let's say, we're maybe lesser than Beerus but not astronomically so, but so many mortals getting to that level makes the title "Super Saiyan God" sound meaningless.
Super Saiyan God was kinda cool but Super Saiyan Blue came out and overshadowed it.

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
They cheapened it straight after Freeza surpassed SSJG Goku from training for 4 months and not even obtaining a god form. Guys like Jiren and Cell Max, Beast Gohan etc. just cheapened it further.
Pretty much
It literally became an afterthought once
ROF Base=SSJG from BOG was implied

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
Freeza & Hit were justifiable cases at some exent as to why they can compete with their god forms. Then, everyone else reaching its level makes it way less entertaining to watch during the TOP with even gohan & 17 being around that level. But it is no different from a pair of androids being stronger than the legendary ssj which was stronger than frieza.

So I can't actually blame the writers if they make god ki be something useless.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite

Jiren was excusable because that was meant to be his gimmick but everyone else, including Freeza, was lame. Was it you or CC who suggested Golden Freeza should have God Ki somehow? Something to do with the Demon Realm I think.

Not that it matters. Who cares if someone can’t be sensed, only serves for noob debaters to go “Hurr Goku doesn’t know how strong Beerus is” like the characters can’t tell strength by other means.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Jiren was excusable because that was meant to be his gimmick but everyone else, including Freeza, was lame. Was it you or CC who suggested Golden Freeza should have God Ki somehow? Something to do with the Demon Realm I think.

Not that it matters. Who cares if someone can’t be sensed, only serves for noob debaters to go “Hurr Goku doesn’t know how strong Beerus is” like the characters can’t tell strength by other means.
That demon realm shit was CC's idea. I came up with Freeza using Ki altering drugs to achieve God Ki after spending time training in a Rosat dimension.