Is XV3 still coming-out?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I haven't bought any of the XV2 DLC in ages and was shocked last time at how even recently they were still selling DLCs for that game. Is XV3 ever coming-out or can't the developers be bothered (or maybe they think the engine is as perfected as can be so now they just add recent characters)?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I hope they can fix the only having one string of melee combos. That seemed so stagnant (I think). It's been over 2 years though and they are still releasing Broly movie DLCs from what I've heard, l0l.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
They've also been milking XV2, l0l. It's getting old now. I wasn't going to waste my money on any more DLC because I thought there'd be a new game coming in the XV line but doesn't seem like that anymore.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
FighterZ has overtaken it in popularity, so that's a major factor. That, and there isn't much plot-wise they could use whilst still feeling like Xenoverse without adding a lot more new characters unless they find a contrived way to bring back Mira and Towa.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I don't play these games but I just saw this video on YouTube about this game and I'll just share it here.

[youtube]bGLb5PbP-oA[/youtube]

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Bump. Considering a new DLC was released recently even after DLC 10 was meant to be the final one for the game, it seems the devs would prefer just milking DLC for XV2 than making a new game.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Are XV2, FightersZ and Kakarot all from the same developer?

As for the question, I doubt it. Usually a sequel will directly follow, i.e, Budokai, Budokai Tenkaichi, Raging Blast etc.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They're all from different developers. Xenoverse was done by Dimps, which produced the Budokai series and Burst Limit, while FighterZ and Kakarot were done by other companies.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Groose said:
Are XV2, FightersZ and Kakarot all from the same developer?
Bandai owns the publishing rights for all of them (and all DB games), but that's their only real link. Xenoverse was developed by Dimps (same people as the Budokai trilogy and Burst Limit), FighterZ was developed by Arc System Works (the people behind the Blazblue games) and Kakarot by CyberConnect2 (most famous for the .hack series and the vast majority of Naruto games, with Kakarot drawing several elements from the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series).

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Bump. Considering a new DLC was released recently even after DLC 10 was meant to be the final one for the game, it seems the devs would prefer just milking DLC for XV2 than making a new game.

They'll milk it until they have to make XV3 for the GOAT.