is yugi that good? (if u can & want to answer)

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend

:troll:troll:troll
Everyone used this ability at some point. Kaiba used it against Pegasus and more or less used it againt Ishizu and Yugi in Battle City, Atem/Yugi obviously used it a bunch of times and Marik used it to lucksack Monster Reborn against Bakura, hell Bakura himself used it to draw Jogen (anime) and De Ja Vu (manga).

Hector

High Class Warrior
Without Red-Eyes Yugi would've only succeeded in destroying the first BEWD with Magic Cylinder (manga) or the anime-only trap card, and the second BEWD would've destroyed Beta the Magnet Warrior and the third one would've then attacked Black Magician and left him with no more monsters. He'd have been fucked on the next turn, unless he by some miracle drew Mirror Force and Kaiba was stupid enough not to prepare for it.
The last BEWD's attack would have been directed to the Dark Magician instead of the Red Eyes and Yugi would have activated the Spellbinding Circle all the same.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The last BEWD's attack would have been directed to the Dark Magician instead of the Red Eyes and Yugi would have activated the Spellbinding Circle all the same.
Right, but then on the next turn Kaiba would have two Blue-Eyes thru Monster Reborn, so he's likely to win either way.

Last edited:

Hector

High Class Warrior
Right, but then on the next turn Kaiba would have two Blue-Eyes thru Monster Reborn, so he's likely to win either way.
I don't understand what you're saying. The BEWD that attacked the REBD would have been destroyed by the Dark Magician all the same. There would be no difference.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i think that by the end only black-magician'd be on yugi's side of field against at-least 2 blue-eyes-white-dragon is wot that person means i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't understand what you're saying. The BEWD that attacked the REBD would have been destroyed by the Dark Magician all the same. There would be no difference.
There would be. Without the REBD Yugi only has one monster, Dark Magician, while Kaiba can use Monster Reborn to revive a Blue Eyes like he did in the actual series, or even revive Yugi's Buster Blader after using Final Attack Orders to make Yugi discard most of his deck. Yugi has no chance of winning under that condition, unless he can dish out a surprise Mirror Force.

Hector

High Class Warrior
There would be. Without the REBD Yugi only has one monster, Dark Magician, while Kaiba can use Monster Reborn to revive a Blue Eyes like he did in the actual series, or even revive Yugi's Buster Blader after using Final Attack Orders to make Yugi discard most of his deck. Yugi has no chance of winning under that condition, unless he can dish out a surprise Mirror Force.
Ok, here is what happened in the original duel.
-The first BEWD attacked Beta the Magnet Warrior (defense mode) and destroyed it. This stays the same, either Yugi plays the REBD or not.
-The second BEWD attacked the Dark Magician. Yugi activated the Magic Cylinder, which directed the attack to Kaiba's Lord of D (defense mode), since, due to the latter's effect, the dragons on Kaiba's field could not be targeted by traps. The Lord of D was destroyed. This, too, stays the same, REBD on the field or not.
-The third BEWD attacked the REBD. Yugi activated the Spellbinding Circle, which lowered the BEWD's ATK points to 2300. The REBD destroyed the BEWD. If Yugi hadn't summoned the REBD, that attack would have been directed to the Dark Magician. Yugi would have activated the Spellbinding Circle all the same and the Dark Magician would have destroyed the BEWD. The rest of the duel would have been exactly the same, since the REBD's presence made no difference in the rest of the duel.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Ok, here is what happened in the original duel.
-The first BEWD attacked Beta the Magnet Warrior (defense mode) and destroyed it. This stays the same, either Yugi plays the REBD or not.
-The second BEWD attacked the Dark Magician. Yugi activated the Magic Cylinder, which directed the attack to Kaiba's Lord of D (defense mode), since, due to the latter's effect, the dragons on Kaiba's field could not be targeted by traps. The Lord of D was destroyed. This, too, stays the same, REBD on the field or not.
-The third BEWD attacked the REBD. Yugi activated the Spellbinding Circle, which lowered the BEWD's ATK points to 2300. The REBD destroyed the BEWD. If Yugi hadn't summoned the REBD, that attack would have been directed to the Dark Magician. Yugi would have activated the Spellbinding Circle all the same and the Dark Magician would have destroyed the BEWD. The rest of the duel would have been exactly the same, since the REBD's presence made no difference in the rest of the duel.
But Kaiba whipped out Monster Reborn on the next turn, which he could just use to revive Buster Blader (by forcing Yugi to discard it using Final Attack Orders). And if Kaiba just chose to revive his third Blue-Eyes instead, then he could just use the other two Blue-Eyes to destroy Dark Magician, and then activate his face-down Polymerization (normal Spells can be activated during Battle Phase and the opponent's turn in BC) to utterly outmatch whatever Yugi's other monster is that he summoned using Double Spell (Buster Blader, Gaia or Red-Eyes, Gilfer etc.), using BEUD. Part of how Dark Paladin demolished Kaiba is because it had 500 extra ATK from Red-Eyes' presence, and if Yugi's Dark Magician is already destroyed from clashing with a Blue-Eyes, then Yugi can't summon Dark Paladin.

Hector

High Class Warrior
But Kaiba whipped out Monster Reborn on the next turn, which he could just use to revive Buster Blader (by forcing Yugi to discard it using Final Attack Orders). And if Kaiba just chose to revive his third Blue-Eyes instead, then he could just use the other two Blue-Eyes to destroy Dark Magician, and then activate his face-down Polymerization (normal Spells can be activated during Battle Phase and the opponent's turn in BC) to utterly outmatch whatever Yugi's other monster is that he summoned using Double Spell (Buster Blader, Gaia or Red-Eyes, Gilfer etc.), using BEUD. Part of how Dark Paladin demolished Kaiba is because it had 500 extra ATK from Red-Eyes' presence, and if Yugi's Dark Magician is already destroyed from clashing with a Blue-Eyes, then Yugi can't summon Dark Paladin.
First of all, Kaiba had no idea about Buster Blader before Yugi revived it. Secondly, even without the REBD, the Dark Palladin would still have been strong enough (4400 ATK) to defeat the three BEWDs once Yugi defused them.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
First of all, Kaiba had no idea about Buster Blader before Yugi revived it. Secondly, even without the REBD, the Dark Palladin would still have been strong enough (4400 ATK) to defeat the three BEWDs once Yugi defused them.
Kaiba might not have activated Absorb Spell if Dark Paladin didn't have the extra 500 ATK from REBD, since even with Magic Textbook it'd only have 3900 ATK which means there's no need for Absorb Spell. Kaiba only chose to add Absorb Spell to his remaining deck instead of discarding it because Yugi's Dark Paladin had almost equivalent attack power to his BEUD thanks to two dragons being on the field when equipped with the Spell card. If he used something like Giant Trunade to blow away De-Fusion and Magic Textbook Kaiba's BEUD defeats Yugi with ease.

And Kaiba knows Buster Blader is in Yugi's deck from his duel with Strings. If he doesn't choose to fuse his monsters, he'd rather use Buster Blader in place of Blue-Eyes since Yugi's Buster Blader with multiple Blue-Eyes on the field is a huge threat to Kaiba if he doesn't have BEUD or Obelisk on the field.

Hector

High Class Warrior
These are huge assumptions. I have no reason to believe Kaiba would have changed his strategy, anticipating something like De Fusion.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
These are huge assumptions. I have no reason to believe Kaiba would have changed his strategy, anticipating something like De Fusion.
I don't think he anticipated De-Fusion, but he did anticipate that Yugi had that Spell Textbook planted along with the Spellbinding Circle earlier in the duel. If adding those 500 ATK points to the 3400 Paladin would have from one dragon being on the field still makes it significantly weaker than BEUD, Kaiba would just not use Absorb Spell since it's not worth trading off another card. Kaiba's used plenty of cards that put the opponents cards on the field to the graveyard or make them discard from their decks, he might change his strategy if Dark Paladin poses zero threat even with its 500 ATK boost from BEUD's presence. Kaiba said that he observed all of Yugi's duels from the past, so he knows Yugi has stuff like Mirror Force in store, he even summoned Mirror Force Dragon in the Doma filler. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Kaiba might prepare for Yugi having face down traps, especially since Fake Kaiba used a counter to Mirror Force with Negate Attack before.

Also, Yugi only activated De-Fusion after Kaiba used Double Spell, expecting a spell counter card like De-Spell or Magic Jammer. If he knew Kaiba didn't have a counter to non-equip spells he'd just have used De-Fusion right away, and then strengthened Paladin further with Spell Textbook, giving it 5400 ATK. Meaning that Yugi definitely anticipated a counter to the first spell he'd use, and only used De-Fusion once he realized Kaiba was out of face-down cards. If Kaiba knows Dark Paladin is only 3900 ATK even with the equip spell, then he has little reason to fear the equip spell so he might use something else as Yugi feared.

Last edited:

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
& yugi was also abt to lose tag-team duel i think if we count that before kaiba defended him i think same for kaiba to but vice-versa i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
& yugi was also abt to lose tag-team duel i think if we count that before kaiba defended him i think same for kaiba to but vice-versa i think
Kaiba would've lost that duel too if not for the Ghouls getting control over Valkyrion which he later sacrificed for Obelisk I think. So if Kaiba didn't protect Yugi, he'd have been cornered with two opponents. And Kaiba purposefully lost against both Noah and Dartz and had Yugi beat them instead.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
They both would have lost the tag duel if they didn't protect one another. They were outmatched in the teamwork department.