Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Got it in my Ebay shopping cart right now. Do I pull the trigger? Couple questions.

Does this connect to Dragonball?

Is this 100% Toriyama's work? I want something of his on my shelf, reading wise.

How is the story?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It connects to DB to some degree. Jaco goes to Earth looking for Goku after hearing a Saiyan landed on Earth. Bulma's sister is also a member of the main cast. The story also gives more insight into a Saiyan's biology, explaining why Goku appeared like a kid even when he was 15. The manga also contains the spinoff Dragon Ball Minus.

The story and art are entirely Toriyama's work too.

As for the story, I found it kind've boring, though Jaco is one of the most original characters Toriyama's made in a long time, aside from following his repetitive story pattern of having a character be nearly unmatched within the early stages of their story.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
That actually connects way more than I was expecting. I thought perhaps a brief mention of the DB world. Cool. Also the addition of DB Minus is a nice bonus. I'm still building my manga collection, and money does come into play. So I like the idea of a stand alone story that is contained to one book.

Is the Fukkatsu no F manga in paperback form yet?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
As far as I'm aware, no, not even in Japan. There's no news of it being distributed to other countries outside of online fanslations either.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Disliked lol. I find that odd. Unless they are waiting to finish the theatrical run to encourage people to see the movie.

Just wanted to make sure before I picked up Jaco. An "F" manga might have swayed me. So just to be sure, this isn't the manga?

Ebay FnF Comic

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Captain Cadaver said:
Well, looks like I was proven wrong, for the Japanese release at least.
I don't know. A few listings showed pages from inside, and they looked more like daizenshuu images more than anything. My best guess was that it was at least part of the manga adaptation with some other content. But I wasn't sure. I'll probably skip this, since it hasn't been translated and I don't know if I'm getting the whole story.

Going to give Jaco a shot. If nothing else, for Minus.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
As far as the FnF manga goes, just read it online. It's a quick read, being only 3 chapters, though from what's revealed on the movie, you could just wait for the FnF movie as you're not missing much at all.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Finished this today. I agree the plot was a bit dull, but I in enjoyed it none the less. Fun moments. The usual Toriyama goofiness. The characters were pretty defined well enough, at least the main trio.

The tie in to Dragon Ball at the end was nice. Minus was interesting too. Funny to note that Freeza knows about the Super Saiyan God.

Overall a good read. Tights was probably my favorite new character in the story. A little bit of Bulma, a little bit of a regular school girl.

Thus ends my month of manga. 30 days ago I had never read a manga in my life. Now, I've finished One Piece Vol 1-4, DBZ vol 16 and Jaco. Loved them all.