Jon Jones vs Poatan

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
JJ called Poatan after the Miocic fight and Alex gave the yes sign, saying it'd be the biggest fight of his career.

I honestly hope they make it in LHW... Tom Aspinall is the interim champion and having it in HW would be hugely unfair with him who is calling form this fight for more than a year and is being hold in the division rn... If they give Poatan the privilege to fight JJ in HW, I think that'd be a big upset to Aspinall... Who has been fighting in HW for years. Really wish that if Jones beats Miocic, they make it in LHW.

Now, there's a problem too... Poatan would likely not stay put until Jones possibly defeat Miocic, which isn't certain, many ppl counting Miocic out which an upset can happen lulz, but Poatan would likely be fighting, and there're dangerous opponents... Jiri Projaska, Ankalaev. So if the fight is made in LHW, which is fair for JJ to release the HW belt, Poatan would likely not wait. What if Poatan loses? Then it'd stain the fight.

One option is Poatan staying put, but that won't happen likely unless he moves to HW and has a fight with JJ and they ditch the Miocic. Which is unfair as well.

So Poatan would have to win the next fight and when Jones, possibly, defeats Stipe, Jones moves to LHW again to have the final clash. It'd be amazing and Poatan for just 3 years in the UFC has made things that are unprecedented, in a way, like holding 2 divisions belt, defeating legends like Adesanya, defeating former champions in the LHW who are elite level such as Projaska, Blackoviski, Jamahall Hill, two of them who defeated his master Glover Teixeira. So the narrative if him having not only the chance to avenge his master ("avenge"...) but against the king of UFC would be a huuuuge event that would maybe be a record in PPV sells.

Honestly, even if they do it in LHW, I feel bad for Tom. But still, in terms of legacy, and money, that fight makes more sense to Jon Jones. The narrative, the figure of Poatan will be more selling imo. I just hope JJ makes in in LHW otherwise that would be really unfair to Aspinall who will be delayed of a title chance against someone who never fought in HW.

Warmmedown

Elite
Idk about Jones making LHW. He's like 250lbs.

In terms of legacy beating Aspinall means more. Because Aspinall is already champ and is probably the best HW of the next 5 years. It would even better than BJ beating Gomi. Or if JJ had retired after beating Cormier the first time, with Cormier dominating LHW for the next few years.

Poatan is just more money and less risk.