Kuririn vs Cymbal

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Krillin but it would be an uphill battle.

But Yajirobe one shot Cymbal. He’s “strong” compared to generic people and animals Yajirobe sees every day.
Cymbal got a few good hits in and he was able to react to Yajirobe running towards him. He wasn't THAT much weaker.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
It's because he was said to be many times weaker than Tambourine. Though I am not sure many times is meant to be taken literally, when Daimao was talking about how his demonic power has Weakened he seem to lump Cymbal and Tambourine together and it's implied that the gap is closer then Drum is to Tambourine.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
I think "many times" is just a figurative way of saying "much stronger". Cymbal was able to keep Yajirobe on his feet until he went at full throttle with his blade and Tambourine likely isn't that far behind Yajirobe.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
So Yajirobe toyed with Cymbal and then one shot him. How is that any different from Goku vs Kuririn?

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
So Yajirobe toyed with Cymbal and then one shot him. How is that any different from Goku vs Kuririn?
Yajirobe didn't toy with Cymbal. Cymbal nearly killed him which forced Yajirobe to go at full throttle with a blade.

Goku on the other hand, did toy with Kuririn because he didn't use anywhere near full power and easily overpowered Kuririn which impelled Kuririn to grab Goku's tail.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Yajirobe didn't toy with Cymbal. Cymbal nearly killed him which forced Yajirobe to go at full throttle with a blade.

Goku on the other hand, did toy with Kuririn because he didn't use anywhere near full power and easily overpowered Kuririn which impelled Kuririn to grab Goku's tail.

So just because Yajirobe dodged Cymbal’s lightning it means he could’ve died? Yajirobe was kicking Cymbal’s ass even before that and took his blows very casually.

Yajirobe is around Goku’s match level, so the situations are very comparable.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
So just because Yajirobe dodged Cymbal’s lightning it means he could’ve died? Yajirobe was kicking Cymbal’s ass even before that and took his blows very casually.

Yajirobe is around Goku’s match level, so the situations are very comparable.
Yajjirobe was literally scared shitless.

Yajirobe's not that far off from Goku so I'd say Goku was above match level against him. He was far more serious against Yajirobe than he was against Kuririn or Tenshinhan initially. Aside from that, there's still the point that Yajirobe had to go at full power with a blade whereas Match Level Goku blatantly overpowered Kuririn casually. Doesn't matter if they're equal or not. Yajirobe took Cymbal seriously at the end. Match Level Goku never took Kuririn seriously at all.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Yajjirobe was literally scared shitless.

Yajirobe's not that far off from Goku so I'd say Goku was above match level against him. He was far more serious against Yajirobe than he was against Kuririn or Tenshinhan initially. Aside from that, there's still the point that Yajirobe had to go at full power with a blade whereas Match Level Goku blatantly overpowered Kuririn casually. Doesn't matter if they're equal or not. Yajirobe took Cymbal seriously at the end. Match Level Goku never took Kuririn seriously at all.

No he's not. Maybe Cymbal's blasts surprised him, but Yajirobe more confused than scared. He says something like "What's the funny lighting?" but then says he's just warming up and casually dodges and one shot Cymbal. Yajirobe finished the fight ASAP because he wanted to it, Goku wanted to troll Kuririn with the speed thing.

Match level Goku isn't that different from Battle level Goku since he could keep up with Tenshinhan. At most Yajirobe falls somewhere in the middle since he's afraid of Goku vs Tambourine and Piccolo.

At the end, Yajirobe one shot Cymbal when he got serious and Goku one shot Kuririn when he got serious (He said he used the FP of his match level). That's the bottom line.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
No he's not. Maybe Cymbal's blasts surprised him, but Yajirobe more confused than scared. He says something like "What's the funny lighting?" but then says he's just warming up and casually dodges and one shot Cymbal. Yajirobe finished the fight ASAP because he wanted to it, Goku wanted to troll Kuririn with the speed thing.

Match level Goku isn't that different from Battle level Goku since he could keep up with Tenshinhan. At most Yajirobe falls somewhere in the middle since he's afraid of Goku vs Tambourine and Piccolo.

At the end, Yajirobe one shot Cymbal when he got serious and Goku one shot Kuririn when he got serious (He said he used the FP of his match level). That's the bottom line.
Yajirobe stopped warming up precisely because Cymbal was a potential threat hence why he claimed that Cymbal was strong after the fact.

Kuririn was legitimately no threat to Match Level Goku in the slightest.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Tough to say honestly, but I think Tambourine being surprised Cymbal got killed while he tested Kuririn's strength ought to mean he didn't expect that level of power to kill Cymbal. So I'd go with Cymbal. Cymbal was fodder to Yajirobe once Yajirobe got serious as he dodged the energy attacks very easily and Yajirobe is supposedly stronger than Tambourine, who himself is way stronger than Cymbal... So yeah, I don't think the Yajirobe Vs Cymbal fight means much beyond Cymbal taking Yajirobe off guard as Yajirobe wasn't accustomed to that level of power and the energy attack threw Yajirobe off a little.

I don't take many times stronger literally in DB, to me sounds more a way to say their levels are far distanced rather than something literal, just as I don't take Karin saying Goku got many times stronger from his training literally, more like Goku just got way stronger in a way he couldn't be comparable to before. Still tho, Tambourine showing some signs of surprise at Cymbal getting killed tempts me to think Kuririn couldn't achieve that. However, I think they are more or less under the same vicinity.

Kuririn -- 40
Cymbal -- 45
Tambourine -- 60
Roshi -- 60
Goku (full match level) -- 65
Tenshinhan -- 72
Goku (FP) -- 75

Yajirobe -- 68

However, statements like King Piccolo saying he didn't even use half of his power Vs Goku I take seriously, as that is harder to be taken as a hyperbole, more like a direct statement on the level Piccolo used Vs Goku, much like future 17 didn't even use half his powers Vs Future Gohan. That seems more like a straightforward statement, meant to set more of a line towards the scaling.