Kyo vs a hill

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
@Kyo accepted my challenge to debate about any topic DB or manga/anime related. Start!

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Reuenthal was a prideful fool and by refusing to compromise on his pride and formally apologize and/or appeal to Reinhard, meek and impotent as that may have been, he gave Lang and Oberstein exactly what they wanted. There is a chance he would have been killed had he done what Oberstein wanted, but what's one life compared to thousands? Reuenthal got to keep his pride intact, but he threw away thousands of lives as well. The ego and politics of powerful men are more important than the individual lives under their command, just as it was when they were ruled by the high nobles that Reuenthal and Reinhard hated for their self-interested ways. One might call his actions were disgusting, and yet it's hard not to respect him. Man's pride is a powerful feeling.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Why is men's pride a powerful thing? Is that a toxic trait? Is it tied to one's ambition in life and how we are encouraged to have an ambition, to be someone? If it's a societal construction thing, could it be argued women have less of this pride than men, due to "man up", "a man shouldn't cry" kinda stereotypes?

I know you said the election arc was kinda bad since Alluka was a huge thing pulled from nothing. But isn't that a thing with many author's concepts? I think many don't plan in advance, like, I think Nen was kinda pulled from nowhere too. But there isn't that fundamental established thing that contradicted that ever being a possibility, you know. I think the way Togashi worked with the non planned and suddenly made up stuff is more important than the lack of foreshadowing personally.

:king

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Ahill wins. Kyo barely posts and loses via WO.

Edit: Oh you mean a hill? He can’t move mountains silly.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
@Kyo was too convincing and smart in his first post. He had it won by then.