Lucci vs King

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'd give it to King mid difficulty. Zoro was fighting King while consistently using advanced Haoshoku, no? I think the Lucci fight is exactly as Zoro said it. Zoro was the one in complete control of the fight and could have ended it pretty well any time had he used his best attacks/haki.

Future Warrior

Elite
I hate how vague it is with Haki use. Oda dropped the ball with this power system.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Haki should never have been introduced in the first place. It made the fights more like Naruto’s and Bleach’s when One Piece was more unique before that.

Future Warrior

Elite
Haki should never have been introduced in the first place. It made the fights more like Naruto’s and Bleach’s when One Piece was more unique before that.
I mean it would be difficult to rationalize logia users being completely untouchable (aside from specific conditions) in a world where the strongest pirates rule the world.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I'd give it to King as well. Zoro was pushed to his limits there. Granted he didn't know or seemed to know how to use Haoshoku embed attacks until thinking back on his time as a kid and piecing things together... But he was overall getting outworked by King. Against Lucci, they seemed to be in a stalemate without Zoro being threatened that much besides tiring himself while he was not using it, while King was actively hurting him iirc.

Lucci still taking Zoro's Haoshoku attack and standing speaks to his outstanding durability, which may prove to be a dragging battle to king, but considering Jimbei stated Zoro had already won, I think Lucci would be able to drag and tire King, but at the end, King would give him the merciful blow to put him to sleep, mid-high difficulties, but not extremely high or anything.