Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Both equally shitty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't read either lol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Future Warrior

Elite
I don't even think I watched the whole thing, so I can't judge. It's probably serviceable entertainment if you treat it like a Gohan/Piccolo slice of life adventure without much stakes. It has the typical DBS color swapped forms and dumb fanservice littered throughout it, but whatever.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't even think I watched the whole thing, so I can't judge. It's probably serviceable entertainment if you treat it like a Gohan/Piccolo slice of life adventure without much stakes. It has the typical DBS color swapped forms and dumb fanservice littered throughout it, but whatever.
Did you already drop the DBS manga?

Future Warrior

Elite
Mostly yeah. I stopped reading the Granolah arc for like a year and then skimmed through everything when it finished. Now I just skim through the recent chapters to see if they do anything interesting that's different from the movie (of course they didn't).

I'm only curious as to where the series is going from here but I'm not invested in the actual content of what's happening.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Mostly yeah. I stopped reading the Granolah arc for like a year and then skimmed through everything when it finished. Now I just skim through the recent chapters to see if they do anything interesting that's different from the movie (of course they didn't).

I'm only curious as to where the series is going from here but I'm not invested in the actual content of what's happening.
What's your attitude toward current OP? Similar?

Future Warrior

Elite
Nah OP had me pretty invested for the past few months. First half of the Egghead arc I mostly skimmed through so I may need to reread at some point but the recent stuff has been pretty good in my opinion.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nah OP had me pretty invested for the past few months. First half of the Egghead arc I mostly skimmed through so I may need to reread at some point but the recent stuff has been pretty good in my opinion.
Good enough to recommend sitting thru all of Wano? I was rereading OP in digital FC but kind of lost interest after around the first 1/4 of Sabaody since I know what happens already from my past reads.

Future Warrior

Elite
You could probably skip the entirety of Wano besides just knowing the basic beats of what happened and not lose anything out of it when you read Egghead, to be honest.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
You could probably skip the entirety of Wano besides just knowing the basic beats of what happened and not lose anything out of it when you read Egghead, to be honest.
Interesting. Might try to catch up after all.

Future Warrior

Elite
I mean, whether you enjoy the current material is based on preference. Some people here apparently aren't interested in the Kuma/Bonney backstory, but that's them.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I mean, whether you enjoy the current material is based on preference. Some people here apparently aren't interested in the Kuma/Bonney backstory, but that's them.
The squiggly artwork in recent chapters turns me off more than anything. I feel Oda's art has deteriorated since the 2010s

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How? Lmao.

You realize DB Minus was written entirely by him right? Toriyama is not the savior of this franchise.
Where did I say any of that? My point is that leaving the story in Toyotaro's hands is exponentially worse than leaving it in a senile Toriyama's. Super is far worse than even Minus.

Future Warrior

Elite
Where did I say any of that? My point is that leaving the story in Toyotaro's hands is exponentially worse than leaving it in a senile Toriyama's. Super is far worse than even Minus.
1. It’s not known if Toyotaro would take complete reins of the series
2. I’d rather have several arcs like Moro/Granolah than a RoF and Minus, thank you very much.

But I won’t keep up either way, so it doesn’t really matter.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
1. It’s not known if Toyotaro would take complete reins of the series
2. I’d rather have several arcs like Moro/Granolah than a RoF and Minus, thank you very much.

But I won’t keep up either way, so it doesn’t really matter.
I don't see who else could possibly fill that role. Toriyama has already given him free reign on the canon manga so it's highly unlikely that he would be removed or replaced.