My theory about Cooler's power

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
This is from a neutral position, not from an unreasonably wanked scalling neither to depower/downplay characters.

I'll take these numbers as reference:

In the beginning of the movie, Goku is said to have gotten stronger and Cooler suspects if Goku defeated Freeza which he lefts as "he might have do it", however, the whole point was to protect Gohan and then, when they fight, Cooler get convinced that Goku defeated his younger brother.

Goku Namek: 1
Goku M5 (Protecting Gohan): 1.125
Cooler: 1.15
Goku M5: 1.2

Final Form Cooler is said to surpass 100% Freeza by Goku and Cooler only realizes how badly his brother was beaten once Goku goes SSJ.

Kaioken x20 Goku: 24
Cooler FF: 48
SSJ Goku: 60

When Metal Cooler appeared he said he has powered up more than before and that Goku has gotten much stronger, but this is basically his Pre Rosat self.

Goku: 3.6
Kaioken x20 Goku: 72
SSJ Goku: 180
Initial Metal Cooler: 180

Metal Cooler is say to rival SSJ Goku by himself in the Daizenshuu and they were fighting pretty evenly.
Screenshot_20231202_100229_Chrome.jpg

Then, Cooler gets strong enough to a point in which he can tank Goku, which makes me believe that he has power that rivals the Androids 17 & 18. Not even Vegeta's help could change the outcome, and both were able to defeat him together, but require a considerable effort to do so (which is shown with how exhaused they were, how they returned to their base form and how they were on the floor) which makes me believe that he also require to be comparable to that combination.

SSJ Vegeta: 190
Metal Cooler: 332.5
SSJ Goku + SSJ Vegeta: 370

So, what do you think? Ironically, Metal Cooler ends up being as strong as Android 17 and basically this combined attack would be able to overpower Android 17 or 18.

Last edited:

Hector

High Class Warrior
I think Movie 5 Goku is stronger than his Yardrat self. There is no way Cooler thought Base Goku defeated FP Freeza.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
I think Movie 5 Goku is stronger than his Yardrat self. There is no way Cooler thought Base Goku defeated FP Freeza.
The problem with that is you can't allow for Kkx20 Goku > 100% Freeza. That's one of the formulas to make this movie work.

Super Saiyan Goku >> 100% Freeza >> KKx20 Goku