Namekian Fusion

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Piccolo and Kami fused in the Cell arc to become whole again. Although it depends on sources, the most likely gain they had was x2.

In the Freeza arc Nail talks to Piccolo as if he'd be able to easily beat Freeza if he had fused with Kami. Of course we can only assume that Nail is talking about the Freeza that was powering up at the time and his power level is known as 530,000 or around that level. My assumption is that Piccolo at the time, if the fusion between to split souls indeed are consistently 2x, would be around the 300,000-400,000 range. That would be sufficient to beat Freeza comfortably, especially 400k.

If this is true, the fusion between Piccolo and Nail would grant him a 3x-3.5x boost, which is more than an original fusion between Piccolo and Kami would be. However, Nail talks about it as if the fusion he would do with Piccolo would be inferior to the fusion between Piccolo and Kami. This is what confuses me a bit. I can only chalk it up to inconsistent writing.

What's your thoughts on this?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
A bit of inconsistent writing. Nail being 42,000 warrants a bigger boost than what Kami gave to Piccolo for sure.

Although I only apply the 2x boost during the Freeza arc right now.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Did Nail really say his fusion would be inferior? If anything I got the impression he said it would be superior, since he mentions the fact that he's a fighter-type Namekian as though that would be icing on the cake for fusions.

Zippy

Super Elite
Papasmurf said:
Did Nail really say his fusion would be inferior? If anything I got the impression he said it would be superior, since he mentions the fact that he's a fighter-type Namekian as though that would be icing on the cake for fusions.

He didn't outright say it. He mentioned that he'd be better off had he been fused with kami. When piccolo said against it he insisted he fuse with him instead which sort of makes him look more like "the next best thing" but it can also be considered "option number two" (which i personally go with)

Zippy

Super Elite
Maybe i am rerember some bad translation or the anime because now that i read herms he says "so merge with me! " and not "merge with me instead" which makes him more of a option 2 rather than the inferior. If it means anything he mentioned his power would get much stronger. Right after saying he is a fighter type that is.