New extensions and themes

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Other members avatars aren't showing like this.
VzdcB53.jpg

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Pretty much all 30 look almost exactly the same. They're all bright and very white. You have literally no dark color schemes at all.

I'm using the anime one currently but the formatting on that one is pretty wack.

I have no idea what theme I was using before you got rid of it, but it was perfect for my tastes.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm using a dark theme right now...

Try Hexagon.

[mention]The Great Fearless[/mention] thanks. Will forward that to Void.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
sei'taer said:
Pretty much all 30 look almost exactly the same. They're all bright and very white. You have literally no dark color schemes at all.

I'm using the anime one currently but the formatting on that one is pretty wack.

I have no idea what theme I was using before you got rid of it, but it was perfect for my tastes.

Pycode, Hexagon, Hexagon Reborn, DigiDarkBlue, and Black are all dark off the top of ny head.

Whatever theme you were using would've been one of the older ones that's no longer supported, unfortunately.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
DigiRed is a nice dark theme.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I’m going to run the regular Digi for a while. This is the perfect “light” dark theme imo.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
So many of these have the avatars on the right side, or just weird formatting in general. Hexagon reborn loads all of the smilies at once for example and I have to scroll to the bottom to post.

Is there a way to get rid of the recent topics at the top?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The emoticons are being worked on. It’s obviously not supposed to be like that. The dark theme I’m using now, Digi, has avatars on the left. Moving the avatars from right to left is on our list of things to do, so be patient.

p123

Elite
Yeah, all of the smilies are uploaded and you have to scroll way down just to submit a post. Seen it on multiple boards.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
The avatars might be able to be changed from left to right. I'm still talking to phpBB support about the quick reply bullshit. They suck. The smiley issue is connected to quick reply.

p123

Elite
I see. The quick reply is definitely the cause. But if we just use quick reply it's fine for now to get us through. Damn, coding must be hard. I certainly don't envy you.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
It's literally one single file in the extension causing every issue. I can do a back up and restore, but that wouldn't help me learn how to solve and future issues. I'm on the phpBB support forums trying to get answers.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
p123 said:
I see. The quick reply is definitely the cause. But if we just use quick reply it's fine for now to get us through. Damn, coding must be hard. I certainly don't envy you.
There’s a reason why I try not to get as involved with this stuff anymore. The last time I tried messing around with the site it went down for a good 2 weeks. It’s pretty retarded at times how things work.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
But yeah the quick reply will do for the time being.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
You mean normal reply will do right? Which isn't much better since most "post reply" buttons are below the quick reply.

Also a couple of the themes I tried disabled quoting. You click quote and it goes to "reply" with no quoted text.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Which themes? There are 2 quote options now - traditional and multi. The " button is traditional and the icon with 2 quote bubbles is the new multi quote.

Quick reply is fixed.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
I can't even remember at this point. I've been scrolling through so many options to find one that I don't hate.

But it was an issue.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Pycode is just a dark version of prosilver which seems to be the most popular theme. I add more themes as they pop up on the phpBB database so more will come.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Seems the update has disabled the mention feature. Is this something we can expect to be fixed soon, or does the history messing with mentions on this site has had make that possibility questionable?

Edit: Just checked and mentions still work, but not those for posts made prior to the updates. Weird.