Next manga arc

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Saw this posted on discord by Kenshi and figured I would post it here.

Supposedly based on the events before Super Hero (which I still haven't seen :king ). I'd say it has potential as it's finally an arc where others should get the majority of the spotlight, but we'll see.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
So Super Hero is canon to the manga, after all?
It makes sense. The manga only did a panel and an extra 2~3 page chapter detailing Broly's events but they still happened. This arc will likely show the pre-EoZ happenings like Goten changing his hairstyle to avoid being confused for Goku after his massive growth spurt, Pan going to kindergarten and serve to set up Super Hero. Maybe detail Granolah's fate too.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
When the hell is chapter 88 coming out? How on earth do they need more than 3 months to prepare for an arc? Lol

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
When the hell is chapter 88 coming out? How on earth do they need more than 3 months to prepare for an arc? Lol
I'd rather they take a few months to prepare the plot than make another disgusting mess like the ending of Moro and Senzu Bean supplier Goku. Hopefully after this arc they'll finally redo the EoZ chapters and move onto making the 2nd generation and Oob/Pan the protagonists.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'd rather they take a few months to prepare the plot than make another disgusting mess like the ending of Moro and Senzu Bean supplier Goku. Hopefully after this arc they'll finally redo the EoZ chapters and move onto making the 2nd generation and Oob/Pan the protagonists.
A few months won't save Toyotaro's storytelling abilities :troll

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
It makes sense. The manga only did a panel and an extra 2~3 page chapter detailing Broly's events but they still happened. This arc will likely show the pre-EoZ happenings like Goten changing his hairstyle to avoid being confused for Goku after his massive growth spurt, Pan going to kindergarten and serve to set up Super Hero. Maybe detail Granolah's fate too.
If the manga is canon then why is Jiren still treated as a goal post,, when Goku and Vegeta have fought three enemies stronger than him (Moro, Granolah, Gas)? Not to mention Black Freeza.

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
If the manga is canon then why is Jiren still treated as a goal post,, when Goku and Vegeta have fought three enemies stronger than him (Moro, Granolah, Gas)?
I think the manga's canon is largely subservient to the canon of the movies which is why aside from removing that bit where Goku is using SSJG's power in base/SSJ, it seems to follow the plot of the first two films down to Goku and Vegeta not being able to sense God Ki in base (unlike the anime which gave them that power after Whis' training way earlier than the manga). So since Toriyama, who writes the basic plot of the Super manga, completely wrote the SH movie, they weren't just going to ignore it. Perhaps Jiren will show up in this arc and show himself to be far stronger? It'd fit with the idea of Goten and Trunks being superheroes since Jiren is a superhero working for the Pride Troopers himself.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I’m all game for Goten/Trunks in the spotlight but why the fuck are they dressed so stupid?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I’m all game for Goten/Trunks in the spotlight but why the fuck are they dressed so stupid?
My guess is that they play superhero in this getup or something, partly because we didn't see Gohan in his Great Saiyaman getup in the actual Super Hero movie. Toyo may use the whole superhero in tights thing as an excuse to bring in Jiren and maybe Toppo and Dyspo to show they've powered up so that Jiren being treated as a wall for Goku and Vegeta to overcome in the movie makes sense manga-wise.

SIAD

Elite
I have a suspicion that in DBS Hero Manga they removed the part of Goku talking about Jiren as someone to be overcome.

In any case, I think that Jiren has become much stronger in those years.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Sorry but i haven't read anything about Dragonball for a while. How many arcs are there after Granola? Also is there any update about the anime when its going to resume?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Sorry but i haven't read anything about Dragonball for a while. How many arcs are there after Granola? Also is there any update about the anime when its going to resume?
People thought there'd be an announcement about the new anime this month but it turned out to just be word about Super Hero's home release. Granolah is the latest manga arc so far other than this new arc that was announced this month.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
With the way the franchise makes a lot of money from movies and merchandise it's safe to say that were not getting anime anytime soon.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
With the way the franchise makes a lot of money from movies and merchandise it's safe to say that were not getting anime anytime soon.
We still might get it during 2023 or 2024. We haven't gotten any new anime content after the ToP because the manga is monthly so the anime gets ahead too fast. The ToP was over 50 episodes long in the anime and the manga had just finished the Trunks arc by the time Episode 131 ended.