One Piece Enters Guiness World Records

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
RIcbsPH.jpg

One Piece and Eiichiro Oda entered in Guinness World Records as "The most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author with 320,866,000 copies printed and circulated from December 1997 to December 2014".

Oda's comment:

Eiichiro Oda said:
"Thank you for the certificate from Guinness World Records.

Manga is just an entertainment that kills time, but I feel happy when my readers tell me that they have made friends or got a sweetheart by talking about ONE PIECE. I think this record also means ONE PIECE can tie together many people. I won't forget my gratitude to the pioneers of manga industry and readers. I would like to create a manga that truly deserves this record."

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
This is good not just for the OP franchise, but for the manga industry as a whole, since Kochikame was the only one to have a Guiness World Record until now ("Most volumes of a comic book published in the same magazine"). Seems it's gotten even further ahead with this record now, since the current sales of the OP manga have now surpassed 380 million.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Fantastische Hure said:
that's kewl.

also looks like eiichiro oda is a kewl person, unlike :troll :troll :troll .
Welcome to my life. Luckily we just got him out of office.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
george-lucas-obama-medal-of-arts.jpg
</div>

On topic. I think this is great recognition for manga across the board.