S: Pokemon Go
A: Pokemon Let’s Go
B: Pokemon Sword Shield
C: Pokemon Snap
D: Everything else

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I haven't completed every game, and there are some I haven't even played so I can't rank them. My rankings assume both games in a pair are more or less the same and so they're ranked together:

S: HeartGold/SoulSilver.

A: Emerald, Platinum.

B: Diamond/Pearl, Ruby/Sapphire, Black/White.

C: X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Trash: Sword and Shield.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Official SSJ2 Fanclub said:
I haven't completed every game, and there are some I haven't even played so I can't rank them. My rankings assume both games in a pair are more or less the same and so they're ranked together:

You didn't play Gen 1 or FRLG?

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Kenshi said:
Official SSJ2 Fanclub said:

You didn't play Gen 1 or FRLG?

I've played a bit of each actually, just not enough I feel to properly rank them. Gen 1 was outdated and broken, so I imagine I'd rank that low.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why not play Emerald? It's basically the compendium of the Generation 3 experience. :donovan2

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I have a Ruby I bought myself and one I stole from someone else (pretending to have found my own Ruby cartridge). :et

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nah I reset the file on the cartridge I stole lmao. I got something out of it too, because a few years later I caught a shiny Duskull on it.

lemon

You guys are crazy (i would have put scarlet and violet in the disapointing section) why are you guys so hard on X and Y?my-image.png

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't even hate X/Y that much (it's the best 3D Pokemon game imo, other than Pokken). It's Yoshi whos autistic and impressionable and so changes opinions 24/7 to match random opinions he encounters as the consensus on new forums

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
Honestly, no way in hell Heartgold and Soulsilver are top tier. The games have poor level balancing and the areas are still mostly generic forests, marshy areas, and caverns. I'm sure the post-game content is good but the campaign is pretty barebones in comparison to future entries.

Pokemon B2&W2 are by far the best games in the series. Excellent villains, excellent level scaling, excellent area diversity, and had the greatest post-game content in the series IMO. Pokemon World Tournament was a fantastic way to commemorate Pokemon as it transitioned to the 3DS. Putting those games in anything but A or S tier is a pretty abysmal take. I just don't understand it.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Honestly, no way in hell Heartgold and Soulsilver are top tier. The games have poor level balancing and the areas are still mostly generic forests, marshy areas, and caverns. I'm sure the post-game content is good but the campaign is pretty barebones in comparison to future entries.

Pokemon B2&W2 are by far the best games in the series. Excellent villains, excellent level scaling, excellent area diversity, and had the greatest post-game content in the series IMO. Pokemon World Tournament was a fantastic way to commemorate Pokemon as it transitioned to the 3DS. Putting those games in anything but A or S tier is a pretty abysmal take. I just don't understand it.
What about Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, as well as Black & White?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
The newer ones are too complicated and scare away the audience they're trying to attract, just like the card game. They're buns. Older games had a much easier in.