Pokemon Game Tier List

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
What about Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, as well as Black & White?
Never played Daimond and Pearl. I have played Platinum and it's an excellent experience overall. It still retreads some old ground with the same forests and marshy areas but it provides its own unique spin on things. Unfortunately, the HM usage in this game is almost criminal. The fact that you need to shaft a team member for an HM slave in the Distortion World which leads to a climactic fight is pretty bad.

What I will say is that Gen 5 is an overall improvement in just the game engine overall. Battle animations occur a lot quicker and the health bar in response to pokemon attacks drops significantly faster. Diamond and Pearl is a slog compared to Platinum and even Platinum had issues with decreasing health bars when it was a pokemon with a large heatlh bar like Blissey.

Black and White is fantastic. It provides a fantastic story with solid character development and a solid amount of quality post-game content. Unfortunately, your pokemon roster is a bit lackluster but still sufficient in crafting a well-rounded team. I'm also a sucker for Unova as a whole since it Unova was a product of its time. It was the first look at a more modern, industrial Pokemon region and they nailed it out of the park.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
First Class Elites/Divine Beings:

HeartGold & SoulSilver, FireRed & LeafGreen.

Second Class Elites:

Crystal, Yellow.

Third Class Elites:

Red & Blue, Gold & Silver.

Upper Thugs:

Platinum, Diamond & Pearl, Emerald, Ruby & Sapphire.

Lower Thugs:

Black & White, Black 2 & White 2.

Bottom Barrel:

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee, Legends Arceus, Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.

Negligible/Filthy Peasants:

X & Y, Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Sword & Shield, Scarlet & Violet.

Last edited:

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
S:
HeartGold & Soul Silver

A:
Platinum, Emerald, Black & White, Black 2 & White 2

B:
Ruby & Sapphire, Diamond & Pearl

C:
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Warmmedown

Elite
S: Crystal
U: Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver
C: White, Pokemon Trading Card Game
K: Emerald, Pokemon Dungeon
A: Sapphire
-S: Ruby

Warmmedown

Elite
You're gonna be begging to borrow my hosenose when you realise gen 3 has too much water.