Potara vs Super Saiyan 4

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
A guide page for the GT Hero's Journey special anime comic says Vegetto "may be even story than a super Saiyan 4!" How do you take this?

1. Z Super Vegetto >/~ GT SSJ4 Goku(first appearance)

2. Potara SSJ ~ SSJ4 relative to individual base powers

3. Vegetto SSJ3 >/~ SSJ4 relative to individual base powers

May or may not include a rival boost in the equation.

I lean towards Vegetto specifically as he's named as the person perhaps stronger than a SSJ4 rather than it being based on Potara itself. And also since Vegetto is compared to SSJ4 but not a character as SSJ4 I think it's meant to compare Vegetto's power compared to the SSJ4 form relative to the individuals.

I think it would compare the power Vegetto displayed in the anime rather than his hypothetical full power, so just SSJ Vegetto.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think that Super Saiyan 4 would be better. Even Grand Kai says that SSJ4 Goku during his initial appearance is the strongest fighter he’s ever seen, so GT itself thinks that SSJ4 is better.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I think that Super Saiyan 4 would be better. Even Grand Kai says that SSJ4 Goku during his initial appearance is the strongest fighter he’s ever seen, so GT itself thinks that SSJ4 is better.
I think that means SSJ4 Goku > Z Vegetto, so that should mean the comparison to SSJ4 is about relative boosts.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
So option 3 is the most viable out of the options.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Honestly think the intention was just to hype up the Vegito we saw, or at least, the individual that made the entry didn't mind it being interpreted that way. There was an accompanying image of Buu Arc Vegito beside the statement.

Doesn't seem like the series itself goes along with this though. Super Saiyan 4 trounced the guy that achieved the best of Saiyan power.

Technique for technique would make more sense, but I don't think it was necessarily pitched that way. In any case, it's a perhaps statement, so it doesn't alter anything.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
@Spiral-Force I think it's trying to say specifically Buu Saga Vegetto is of a comparable level to if either Goku or Vegeta became SSJ4 in the Buu Saga. Vegetto in other sagas would scale differently to the SSJ4 multiplier because his components' levels and transformations changed.

Hitrule

ZomboDroid 24112020023118.jpg

The guide isn't talking about Z Vegetto and GT Goku themselves but as a form. Keyword "Perhaps" implying that Vegetto and SSJ4 as forms are relative and since it says Vegetto is stronger and not the other way around, that means Buu Saga Potara >= SSJ4 Multiplier.

Before somebody says it's not about forms, yes it is, the entire page is about the evolution of Goku as a Saiyan. The previous page actually showcases Great Ape and then SSJ Goku on Namek. There's also the fact that every description along the way references the forms that were introduced along with the picture correlating.

In the Cell Saga they reference the time where Gohan achieved SSJ2. In the Buu Saga they referenced how Goku was a SSJ3. And in the final description, they are describing the form of SSJ4 and Vegetto as a form of Goku. And right at the bottom you see pictures of Adult and Kid Goku, implying that this is the evolution of Goku.

Basically, the gap between Super Vegetto and Buu Saga Base Goku is relative to the SSJ4 increase (whatever that is) or in a more simple way - if Buu Saga Goku was to go Super Saiyan 4, he and Super Vegetto would be relative in power…

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I think it's trying to say specifically Buu Saga Vegetto is of a comparable level to if either Goku or Vegeta became SSJ4 in the Buu Saga. Vegetto in other sagas would scale differently to the SSJ4 multiplier because his components' levels and transformations changed.

Given that Super Saiyan 4 wasn't a thought, let alone an option for either of the fusees back then, that hypothetical seems needless, especially for a guide that prioritises the sequel to that series. Overall, it appears to be a summary of what we witnessed ('Merging With Vegeta', as the guide puts it) along with a strength tidbit (Super Saiyan 4 comparison) to go alongside it.

While it's disagreeable to view Vegito as that strong, the fascination over his strength -- to the point of an entry being issued for such -- isn't surprising. He was never really pushed or cornered in terms of combat, and remained absolutely confident the whole time. However, even the lightest analysis tells us that GT is simply a different ball game.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Is there any reason to assume the boost would be any different should the Potara be used in GT?
Personally I think it's about Buu Saga Vegetto in particular. I think Vegetto may well vary depending on the era due to Goku and Vegeta's power not staying in the same relative proportions as they were Buu Saga.

Given that Super Saiyan 4 wasn't a thought, let alone an option for either of the fusees back then, that hypothetical seems needless, especially for a guide that prioritises the sequel to that series. Overall, it appears to be a summary of what we witnessed ('Merging With Vegeta', as the guide puts it) along with a strength tidbit (Super Saiyan 4 comparison) to go alongside it.

While it's disagreeable to view Vegito as that strong, the fascination over his strength -- to the point of an entry being issued for such -- isn't surprising. He was never really pushed or cornered in terms of combat, and remained absolutely confident the whole time. However, even the lightest analysis tells us that GT is simply a different ball game.

Looks like you're suggesting Vegetto should be much less than a SSJ4 multiplier. You may be imagining a higher SSJ4 boost than I am.

Last edited:

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Looks like you're suggesting Vegetto should be much less than a SSJ4 multiplier. You may be imagining a higher SSJ4 boost than I am.
Yet to give a take on how the techniques themselves compare boost-wise. Judging character to character.

At level 4, the writers stopped caring about assigned multis and instead just went down the 'utmost limit' route. Potara -- while more effective than the dance -- fundamentally holds the same purpose; producing a being that is more than capable of what the fusees could do as a duo.

I prefer not to speculate on values or lock-on to the PL side of things exclusively, but if you've got something to add/present on this front, I'll have a read.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
View attachment 2924

The guide isn't talking about Z Vegetto and GT Goku themselves but as a form. Keyword "Perhaps" implying that Vegetto and SSJ4 as forms are relative and since it says Vegetto is stronger and not the other way around, that means Buu Saga Potara >= SSJ4 Multiplier.

Before somebody says it's not about forms, yes it is, the entire page is about the evolution of Goku as a Saiyan. The previous page actually showcases Great Ape and then SSJ Goku on Namek. There's also the fact that every description along the way references the forms that were introduced along with the picture correlating.

In the Cell Saga they reference the time where Gohan achieved SSJ2. In the Buu Saga they referenced how Goku was a SSJ3. And in the final description, they are describing the form of SSJ4 and Vegetto as a form of Goku. And right at the bottom you see pictures of Adult and Kid Goku, implying that this is the evolution of Goku.

Basically, the gap between Super Vegetto and Buu Saga Base Goku is relative to the SSJ4 increase (whatever that is) or in a more simple way - if Buu Saga Goku was to go Super Saiyan 4, he and Super Vegetto would be relative in power…
Yup , but have the Goku quote about Baby Vegeta "Strong Saiyan Power"