Raditz' potential

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
So this question depends on whether you believe Goku's latent potential is because of genetics or events happening to him on Earth, but I'll pose it anyway:

Since Raditz is Goku's brother and Bardock's son (who happened to have a pretty good potential himself), do you think Raditz could have gotten a lot stronger under the right tutelage?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I think so. But he wouldn't be as strong as Goku who is a fighting genius that allowed him to pass Vegeta who is a prodigy as well.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd firmly stick to Goku's potential having come from his experiences and strength of character (something noted by many, most notably Vegeta in the Boo Arc) rather than hitting the genetic jackpot. Bardock's potential is also something only expanded on in anime material and, considering Toriyama's depiction of him in Minus, the idea of Bardock being a prodigy in the manga canon is iffy to say the least.
That said, Raditz's potential in the right environment could vary drastically. He could possibly be someone who could keep up with Goku and Vegeta, or end up far below them yet still far above what the Earthlings (and maybe Piccolo) could reach. It's pretty much entirely assumptive when he wasn't really given the situation to progress through Freeza seemingly limiting the difficulty of the missions the Saiyans went on to limit their growth (for what the anime is worth, Raditz comments Gohan was the first to ever injure him so much, plus the manga hints at it slightly with him not having bothered strengthening his tail). It's worth noting that Raditz's techniques are described as very deadly by Piccolo in Xenoverse 2, suggesting that regardless of how powerful he can become, he'd at least be skilled in creating unique abilities.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
If Raditz had Kai's training, Piccolo as a rival, earned the ssj transformation, fought the androids, he could have remained a more relevant fighter than Trunks or Goten.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
theallpowerfulpuipui said:
If Raditz had Kai's training, Piccolo as a rival, earned the ssj transformation, fought the androids, he could have remained a more relevant fighter than Trunks or Goten.
It's then only a matter of time before he releases his full alpha energy to become the CHADITZ :panties.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
theallpowerfulpuipui said:
It's then only a matter of time before he releases his full alpha energy to become the CHADITZ :panties.

Roshi one shots :withheld

Future Warrior

Elite
dd60jy6-72adc4dc-d85b-4572-8683-a546a7de11ab.png

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
If Raditz would have taken Vegeta route as a reformed villain then by Buu Arc I’d have him around Gohan’s level before the potential unlock, with only access to SS.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I'm going to argue on a plot level, Raditz would likely never reach Goku and Vegeta's level. I think at most he could have ended up becoming a third wheel, tagging along with Goku and Vegeta in the story but always falling short in comparison to the two. This might seem anti climatic; but it is already a better fate than every other cast member in Dragon Ball now. At this point the Z fighters only show up for one obligatory fight before getting spanked.

Hector

High Class Warrior
If Raditz had stayed around, he'd have become as strong as the plot wanted. But, judging from the knowledge we get from the original manga, his potential wouldn't allow him to get past a few thousand units.