Roshi vs. Tao in the Red Ribbon arc

RollBack

I wanna say Tao, as he managed to beat Goku before Goku had received training from Korin. From what I remember, Goku was evenly matched or even stronger than Roshi before Korin. I judge this based off their fight in tournament, where Roshi only won because his legs were longer in a kick vs kick ending

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Roshi gets one shotted. Goku became stronger after the 21st Budokai/Muscle Tower and his KHH didn't even damage Tao.

I can't even see the Bankoku Bikkuri Sho being able to do anything significant to Tao.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
Goku didn't surpass 21st Budokai arc Roshi's Max Power Kamehameha until the Piccolo Jr arc

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
Roshi gets one shotted. Goku became stronger after the 21st Budokai/Muscle Tower and his KHH didn't even damage Tao.

I can't even see the Bankoku Bikkuri Sho being able to do anything significant to Tao.

Roshi's full power Kamehameha > Goku's

Literally blew up the moon fammy fam

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Roshi's full power Kamehameha > Goku's

Literally blew up the moon fammy fam
That's actually a good point, wasn't considering Roshi's jacked form. But Tao is at a level where he can take him out before he activates it and charges up a KHH.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
That's actually a good point, wasn't considering Roshi's jacked form. But Tao is at a level where he can take him out before he activates it and charges up a KHH.

He didn't immediately take out Goku when they fought and gave him a chance to use Kamehameha.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
What about Tao VS Roshi during the 22nd Budokai?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
He didn't immediately take out Goku when they fought and gave him a chance to use Kamehameha.

That’s a good point. I mentioned dodging because I thought he could get away while Roshi charges it, but seeing Goku vs Tao he’d probably stay there and get vaporized.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You would think Tao would quickly figure out who Roshi is given how heavily Roshi was linked to his brother in their younger years. An old guy challenging Tao like that should be setting off some red flags to take him seriously. Goku was a literal child.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
You would think Tao would quickly figure out who Roshi is given how heavily Roshi was linked to his brother in their younger years. An old guy challenging Tao like that should be setting off some red flags to take him seriously. Goku was a literal child.

A child who was said to have been beating an army. Not a regular kid.

You'd also think Tao would have recognized that Goku was of the Turtle School by his outfit and the fact he uses the Kamehameha. The stuff with the Crane School was just bullshit Toriyama thought up later.

Warmmedown

Elite
Tao. How is this a question
A child who was said to have been beating an army. Not a regular kid.
An army whose strongest fighter, roughly on par with Goku, Tao killed effortlessly. Goku's reputation is still weak enough to stay in the league of fighters he doesn't give a second thought to. The only time he was a little surprised by Goku is when Goku got up after being lightly knocked around. But before that he already could tell Goku was weak asf just by sparring with him.

About recognising Turtle School clothing, idk if Tao even knew who Roshi was. Same for the KHH.

I can see him taking max power Roshi lightly and trying to tank the KHH, but if they fight Roshi might mention he knows Crane and that could get Tao to be more careful. And Roshi knows Tao is very strong, but he doesn't know how strong exactly and probably fights in his normal mode for a while and gets killed or badly hurt before getting to go to max power.

Btw, wtf was the bomb that Tao threw at Goku made of? Goku could block rocket fire when he was much weaker than Tao, but the bomb almost killed Tao.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
An army whose strongest fighter, roughly on par with Goku, Tao killed effortlessly.

Blue was not on par with Goku lol. He could only threaten him with his paralysis hax. Aside from that, he was trash to Goku.

About recognising Turtle School clothing, idk if Tao even knew who Roshi was. Same for the KHH.
There's no reason why Tao wouldn't know who the world-famous Roshi is, or what his trademark Kamehameha was. Especially when Roshi was his brother's rival and former classmate. It's just a dumb retcon. The fact Tao couldn't fly when his brother, Tenshinhan and Chiaotz could is stupid, too; Tao helped trained Tenshinhan and Chiaotz.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Blue was nothing to Tao... So knowing Goku could beat Blue wouldn't make Tao take him seriously at all.