Roshi vs. Tao in the Red Ribbon arc

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Did Tao say anything about Goku’s Gi when they met? If not, then I guess he doesn’t know much about Roshi and Turtle School.

Roshi knowing Tao’s rep and going MAX Power right off the bat and Tao underestimating him is the most likely scenario here imo.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Did Tao say anything about Goku’s Gi when they met? If not, then I guess he doesn’t know much about Roshi and Turtle School.

Roshi knowing Tao’s rep and going MAX Power right off the bat and Tao underestimating him is the most likely scenario here imo.
I don't think Roshi really mastered his max power form until Super, hence why he never uses it in battle just to blow stuff up.

But yes if Roshi shoots a max power KHH straight away and Tao tries to tank it, it would be bad for him.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
That's unlikely imo. It seems Roshi needs some time to charge the KMHMH. And Tao also seems to have an idea of his opponents being somewhat worthy I think, he noticed Goku seemed different when he met him after the Karin tower, before they fought or anything. He still underestimated him, but it's unlikely he'd give Roshi time to charge the buffed KMHMH imo. It could be like saying Tenshinhan could defeat Kuririn because of the Shin Kikoho. Technically he could, but I think there's a big distinction between special techniques, specially those ones that take some time to do and the power that's treated as their own power consistently. Roshi would be stronger than Goku and Ten in the 22nd Budokai, but he acknowledged he was surpassed. Special techniques aren't so much factored as much as the power they use normally. Roshi also used the Max power KMHMH when they could wait since it was to extinguish the fire in the castle and when Oozaru Goku was acting all irrationally.

Also, if it could potentially kill an Oozaru Goku who got a 10x boost, I think with the power Roshi had acquired in the 22nd Budokai, it could be very relevant vs old king Piccolo, which he didn't attempt to use.

I think the standard answer and most likely one is just Roshi getting as easily defeated as Goku in the first round vs Tao.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Charging time is relative though. Sometimes it seems long as fuck for dramatic purposes but in reality it was a normal time.