Series Power Scaling Thread

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
We'll start at the very beginning of the series. Let's go from when Goku meets Bulma to the end of the first Budokai Tenkaichi. This will be a pinned topic. Some rough numbers:

BEGINNING
Goku - 10
Famished Goku - 7.5
Oozaru Goku - 75-100
Bear Thief - 6
Yamcha - 8
Master Roshi KHH - Undetermined, but doesn't have to be more than 60-70

TRAINING
Goku Post-Pilaf - 12
Krillin - 10

TOURNAMENT
Goku - 75
Krillin - 63
Master Roshi (Chun) - 75
Yamcha - 55
Nam - 65
Bacterian - 12
Giran - 45
Ranfan - 15

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'll try to get in depth here tomorrow at some point. I agree with your beginning numbers, but I've got some minor gripes with your 21st. More or less that I see different power levels/effort levels being used for each character, resulting in more power levels.

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
I'd go with:

Goku - 10
Famished Goku - 8
Oozaru Goku - 80-100
Bear Thief - 7
Yamcha - 8.5
Master Roshi KHH - Undetermined, but doesn't have to be more than 60-70 His fire mountain feat is small city level which is higher than everything besides the moon outlier and Daimao city destruction. Then again, he personallly said that Tenshinhan's Kikoho was stronger.

TRAINING
Goku Post-Pilaf - 12
Krillin - 10

TOURNAMENT
Goku - 75
Krillin - 63
Master Roshi (Chun) - 75
Yamcha - 55
Nam - 65
Bacterian - 12
Giran - 45
Ranfan - 15

Idk about the tournament

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Emmeth said:
BEGINNING
Goku - 10
Yamcha - 8
80% seems a bit too much imo. Yamcha was holding his own until Goku knocked his tooth out. Yamcha would have continued fighting if his handsome looks weren't messed up.

In the 21st Budokai Goku said Yamcha was so fast he could barely see his movements or something like this (most likely referring to his Rogafufuken though). Yamcha also said in the Airplane that him and Goku were almost equal in ability IIRC. A 90% type of gap seems more appropriate imo.
Emmeth said:
Goku Post-Pilaf - 12
Krillin - 10
Well I think Goku should be weaker due to his lack of tail. Even if you think Goku got stronger through all that happened in his first adventure, his lack of tail sure should play a factor here.

Also, Kuririn (first appearance) > Yamcha?
Emmeth said:
Goku - 75
Well, are you following the beginning of Z implied gaps? If so, I'd advise Goku is way too strong here in the 21st Budokai, taking into account the later implied gaps. I think 20 could work better.
Emmeth said:
Krillin - 63
Master Roshi (Chun) - 75
Yamcha - 55
Too small the gap between Roshi and Kuririn imo. Even when not serious, Roshi could speedblitz and oneshot Kuririn (though you could make a case of Roshi using the zanzoken and hitting Kuririn in a pressure point). But the point still stands, Roshi wasn't serious against Kuririn, even though the latter admitted he couldn't accomplish much against a fooling around Roshi.

Yamcha is also too close to Kuririn. Even with the Rogafufuken, Yamcha couldn't hit Roshi, while Kuririn (when not even going all-out) gave him a lot of problems to dodge his punches and forced him to use his hands.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
I remember making a thread like this. It was a huge success :alex