Shanks, Whitebeard, Kaido and Big Mam vs Roger, Shiki, Rayleigh, and Garp

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Saw this on another forum. They're all in their prime Most of them believed Roger's generation would win. I think the first would win.

First off all WB was known to stalemate Roger many times. So even if Roger has a slight advantage they would more or less cancel each other out. I also think Shanks and Rayleigh will cancel each other out. They both have the same amount of hype feats. There isn't much known about Shiki, but I assume Big Mam would cancel Shiki out too. Kaido becomes the X factor here, and there's no way I see Garp coming out on top in a battle between the two.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Wait you are on TMF?
I see the Old Gen winning this. Garp can take out Kaido with mid-high diff leaning more towards high diff. The man cornered Roger many times who is Prime WB's equal. WHitebeard stalemates ROger. Rayleigh=>Shanks. SHiki has the benefit of the doubt of Big Mam

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
No I'm not.

Cornering Roger doesn't really mean much IMO. It doesn't mean they're rivals. Roger just has his respect. Garp also needed Senkgou's help to take out Shiki, and they barely even managed that. Roger should be a good amount above Shiki.

Kaido has way more hype than Garp. Now he isn't for sure stronger but I really don't see where you'd equate the ridiculous hype of being immortal and being ready to take out WB as the same hype level of someone who is clearly weaker than Roger, but just managed to corner him.

Big Mam and Shiki are both unknowns. It's best to just cancel them both out because we know too little about them.

Rayleigh and Shanks have just about the same level of hype. Rayleigh said in his prime he'd be able to take on a Warlord and Admiral at the same time. Shanks, in his prime right now, clashed with WB coming out uninjured. Clashed with Kaido coming out uninjured (granted we know nothing about what happened, it's possible they didn't fight. I'm saying purely from a hype standpoint). Came and stopped the war. Akainu, being the arrogant ass that he is, didn't even lift a finger against him when he neutralized his attack.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I really don't now here.

Whitebeard and Roger would be a stalemate, but Roger would barely escape with his life.

I agree with Shanks equally Rayleigh, seems right.

The rest are tough to analyze. Garp could very well be above Kaido (who seems to be in his prime now?) and is likely above Big Mom. I don't know where Shiki is, but I read that he was a rival to Roger as well.

In the end, I'd give it to team 1.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Well I feel like Garp was Rogers rival and I think it was even stated once(not sure about it though). Garp fought Roger many times and time and time again he was compared to Roger and put on the same pedastool as him. I think Garp cornering ROgers crew which had Rayleigh and Scopper and many other strong pirates means something. I think it was probably to show that those 2 were on the same ballpark. Also the Sengoku and Garp vs Shiki was non canon because its from Strong World. All we know is that Shiki was once Rogers pirate rival. In the same way I see Garp being Rogers marine rival.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
If Garp was a true rival of Roger, why wouldn't he single handedly wipe out some of the weaker Yonko then?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Go to your user cp and then board preferences.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Smoker said:
If Garp was a true rival of Roger, why wouldn't he single handedly wipe out some of the weaker Yonko then?
Because Garp has aged heavily and declined in power. Also its plot purposes too. Why dont 3 Admirals go in and wipe out a Yonko too? Exactly, plot purposes.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Garp being Roger's rival is probably something only seen in the anime. As far as the manga goes, this is the only thing that comes to mind:
hqR8GUA.jpg

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Epicnessbeyond said:
Smoker said:
Because Garp has aged heavily and declined in power. Also its plot purposes too. Why dont 3 Admirals go in and wipe out a Yonko too? Exactly, plot purposes.
It was stated that removing one of the Yonkou is something that ruins the balance of power, something that goes against the plans of the Goresei.

Also 3 admirals could barely even match one WB. They'd need to bring the entire army with the fleet admiral. That would leave the rest of the world defenseless and it's not really worth it.

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
Uchiha said:
Garp being Roger's rival is probably something only seen in the anime. As far as the manga goes, this is the only thing that comes to mind:
hqR8GUA.jpg
Roger says it when he's asking him to protect his kid

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
To be honest I don't remember. I just remember reading the scan. It's somewhere in Marineford

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Just read it it's chapter 551. He just says we've nearly killed each other many times. Doesn't mean much. There was likely a lot of numbers, cornering, and surprise attacks going on on Garp's side.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Still gives him quite a bit of merit imo. Probably above all the current Yonko in his prime.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Still, there were quiet a few people known to be on Roger's "level" but his only true rival was WB.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Well yeah, I'd say Garp is definitely below prime Whitebeard, but probably not by so much that he'd be killed in combat.

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
He's at the Roger/WB respect level that most people didn't gain.

Also I just found out that the movie with Shiki vs Garp and Sengoku is written by Oda so canon for our purposes. That throws a wrench in Garp's strength level by a good amount.